Chapter 3

I do not own Merlin

The sight of Morgana and Mordred immediately had the knights and Arthur raising their swords in their direction just as they began waking up. 

"Morgana." Arthur spat in rage as she picked herself off the floor looking around in confusion before her eyes met his alongside Mordred, who glared at him in such anger that the knights couldn't even recognize the innocent and kind man that had once been their friend. Merlin glared at the man, it was because of him that Morgana had found out about him of course so his lack of magic was entirely his fault.

"Arthur. What an unpleasant surprise." Morgana said as she got up and then helped up Mordred. That was when both their eyes strayed to the ever-loyal servant standing right behind Arthur, his glaring eyes were staring straight at them, knowing that one word out of their lips could mean his end by his own best friend's hand. 

Merlin's eyes immediately met theirs and he knew that if they were to say something, if they were to tell Arthur the truth of who he truly is, Arthur would never forgive him, actually scratch that, he would kill him and he knew there was nothing stopping Morgana and Mordred from doing so, so he prepared himself for the revelation. But how could you prepare yourself to be condemned to death by the man you thought of as a brother?

"Merls!" The voice and the familiar nickname had Merlin turning towards the last woman he thought he'd ever see. Was he dreaming or was she really here? But how could she be? He had been there when she died, he had seen the light leave her eyes, he had been the one to light the flames as her body was burned right before his eyes at her burial. But when he heard his mother's gasp from behind him, he knew that he wasn't dreaming. The others were shocked as they looked at her, she was honestly the most beautiful woman they had ever seen, and those that knew Morgana from when she had been kind and innocent, thought that the girl was on par with her in terms of beauty.

 The others were shocked as they looked at her, she was honestly the most beautiful woman they had ever seen, and those that knew Morgana from when she had been kind and innocent, thought that the girl was on par with her in terms of beauty

Mordred's eyes widened in shock when he saw the girl. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Was it really her he thought shocked. "What is it Mordred? Do you know her?" Morgana asked and he could only nod leaving Morgana confused and concerned.

"Lani," Merlin breathed out as the other stared at them in confusion. "That's not...Th-That's not possible. Y-you're...you're dead. I saw you die." The break in his voice as tears filled his eyes had the knights, Arthur and Gwen concerned having never really seen him like this. Mordred was confused, how did Emrys know Alanna (This is basically the druid name for Melissa - the story of which will come later)? And why did he call her Lani? Nickname perhaps?

"Anything can happen in this room Merlin, I just have to will it. There are no restrictions or consequences to anything I shall do though, so there is no need to worry," The voice said.

"You're really here then," Merlin breathed out in shock as she smiled at him before running over and wrapping her arms around his neck. Merlin laughed at that before swinging her around with a joyful smile on his face as the others wondered just who she was.