☀️ The Jellyfish on the Beach (Dick Grayson x Reader)

The sun is beating down on both of you as droplets of sweat accumulate from the heat. Dick is draped across the soft blanket with shades on, basking in the warmth from the 90-degree weather. You sit next to him, turning a page of the book you brought to pass the time.

The two of you were on your annual beach weekend getaway. With his double life and your job as a therapist, there was barely ever any time to go on vacation. This year, the chosen beach was in Miami.

You turn to your relaxed boyfriend and put your book down on the towel. "Hey babe, want something to drink?" You say, poking his shoulder lightly.

He hums in response and lifts his head to look at you. Moving his shades up into his dark wavy hair, he replies. "Yeah, I'd love one, baby, thank you." He gives you his charming smile and lays his head back down.

You quickly get up, dusting off any sand on you. "Alright, be back in a bit," you quickly say, already walking to the beach bar that is about two minutes away.

It takes all of five minutes for you to get there, order the drinks, and make your merry way back to your attractive boyfriend. When you are about 50 feet away, you notice three girls chatting him up. One of them placed their arms in such a way as to pronounce her chest more, and the others obviously pushed down their bras so their chests were almost spilling out of the cups. Dick had pushed himself up on his elbows to give them his attention. Coming closer, you overhear their conversation.

"So how much time do you spend at the gym?" Girl #1 let out an obnoxious giggle towards the end of her question. She's leaning down toward him, trying to give him a better look at her cleavage.

You see Dick turn his head down toward his lap to avoid what is so blatantly in his face.

"Well, I work out daily but it's all part of a healthy diet." He looks up at the other two girls with a hint of a smile in his voice.

"Can we touch them?" The girls say in unison.

Dick looks away hesitantly, clearly a bit uncomfortable. Seeing his hesitation, you take that moment to step in.

"Sorry, girls. That's a privilege only I get to have. Isn't that right, sweetie?" Dick's head swerves in your direction at the sound of your voice. A relieved smile graces his face as you reach him and pass him one of the drinks. The girls visibly scowl at your appearance.

"Here you go, baby. I made sure to get the one you mentioned last time." You lean down to lay your lips on his cheek, making sure it's long enough that the girls get a good look. Dick's smile widens and he grasps your elbow to pull you down closer. He catches your lips in a more intimate kiss and you feel a nip on your bottom lip as he pulls away. Your cheeks feel hotter once you remember your audience.

"Thanks, love." His grin is contagious and you feel one of your own make its way onto your face.

"Whatevs, let's go ladies." The girls sashay away from you both and the ringleader looks back at you with a scowl.

"Have a great day, girls. Bye!" Your lips upturned as you waved at the retreating figures.

With the women out of sight, Dick looks back at you with a knowing little smile. You swat his shoulder.

"Don't look at me like that," you turn away from him with a pout and cross your arms across your chest. He lets out a small laugh at your cute display and sits up to pull you into his arms.

"No, no, I'm just happy." He places a small kiss on the crown of your head. "I like it when you get jealous." You huff at his words.

"I wasn't jealous," you mutter in his arms. He turns his head down to look at you.

"Oh, yeah? Possessive, then." The mirth in his voice makes your heart flutter. "Either way, I like it when my girl shows her love for me."

His voice lowers into a smooth rumble that quickly changes the energy between the two of you. You shift in his arms so that you are practically sitting in his lap, facing him. Your hand reaches up to toy with the hair touching his cheek, swirling it between your fingers.

"For you? Always," you murmur into the air. His eyes shoot down to look at your lips, watching them form the words. He places his forehead against your own and you feel his breath hit your cheek.

"I love you," Dick whispered. A smile filled with unadulterated joy graces your face at his words. Your arms move to gently wrap around his neck.

"I love you, too." The smile that permeates his face makes its way into his eyes as the corners crinkle.

With that, you both lean in slowly. Your lips met together in a gentle kiss that overflowed with the love you two shared. His hand moves up to hold the side of your face, his head tilting to deepen it. Your fingers delve into the soft locks on the back of his head, holding him closer to you. His other hand changes position to firmly grab your waist and his fingers there tighten as you gently suck on the tongue that made an entrance. After some time, you both pull away to catch your breaths and you see a reddish hue on his cheeks.

"Let's get back to the hotel," he hoarsely breathes out. You eagerly nod and assist him in packing up your belongings.

Once he sees that everything was put away in the beach bag, he scoops you up into his arms and makes a dash for the hotel that sat right by the beach. You laugh at his eager display and loop your hands around his neck.

The two of you made it to your hotel room and didn't get out until the sun was hidden below the horizon. At the end of the trip, it was safe to say that this weekend getaway was one for the books.