12|of mirror selfie & driving class

"Remember that we are going to start working for GLAM this week

"Remember that we are going to start working for GLAM this week. You are on a strict diet. I sent you a dress, just wear it and take a selfie to post your story. We signed with them before your marriage and we are already behind schedule". Her manager continues to speak about her routine as she looks at the gorgeous dress on the bed, "Also, I will have a man ready who will teach you driving. I feel like this is the only time you can actually work on it".

"I don't know how to drive".

"Exactly why I hired a teacher. He will teach you everything so work with him, ok?"

Before she could voice out that she will be uncomfortable with a man in such a close place, the call ended.

She sighs.

It's been an eventful day at least. She knew she had no work which was why she was able to relax on the 'date'. However, that date and the picture she posted before that became wildfire. She gained approximately 1 million new followers just in a few hours. Her name was published in the magazine and everything went crazy.

She didn't let it get to her though. Yes, she knows she was becoming a hype but she remained clear of checking on her phone on any of those websites. Her manager just gave her a summary of it. Her husband woke her this morning saying he was leaving and by that she meant he entered her room, bends towards her while she was literally passed out, and whispered to her.

That scares her.

Because she wasn't wearing any makeup when he walked in. She was a bare face and she was never bare face with him. What if she wasn't covering her face and he saw her? Will be telling everyone? Will he be disgusted by her?

Thoughts after thoughts enter her mind and they only stopped when she exited her room to find breakfast on the table. From the looks of it, he made diet food. So, he probably knows about her diet which was confirmed later by her manager. He did call her manager to ask about the things she can eat and cannot.

Maybe he didn't see her.

That is what she will believe in, for now.

She did her makeup before she wore the dress. She twirled around in it with a smile as she went to her phone. She loves Sari.  She picks it up trying to take a good video. Most of the time, it is someone else taking pictures and videos for her. 

No matter what she tried she was losing her patience

No matter what she tried she was losing her patience. She clicked on the video button trying to take a close up when her hand stopped moving and she found her husband leaning behind her in the doorway.

He tilts his head when their eyes meet through the mirror taking confident steps towards her, he kisses her cheek. She could swear her heart stopped working altogether. She turned towards him and that's when she stopped pressing the button on her phone.

"That looks good enough to post. From my point of view, I will say all others looked good too, you are too critical of yourself, baby. Save it and send it to me too". He said nodding as he walks away leaving her shocked

She looks at the video and it did look good. She posted it, "My happy place".

After the event and calming her heart, she was able to dress in a casual outfit when she left her room for her driving lessons. She was nervous and a little excited too.

"Where are you going?" She heard his voice before she saw him

She turns around to find him leaning on the staircase looking at her with a frown.

"I have a driving lesson". She said shrugging

He tilts his head, "I never thought you were going to learn to drive".

"Why? Were you going to teach me, if I ever mentioned?" The way his eyes darkened answers that question as she quickly added, "My manager said to spend this little break wisely which means learning to drive".

"You don't look like you want to". He said as he starts to move down the staircase, "If you don't want to go then say no, or I can do that for you".

Her heart did that little dance it always does for him.

She dismisses his option with her hand, "No need. I will just take the lesson".

He pinches his lips as his hands crossed over his chest. She knows he wants her to not go but he will leave the decision to her. That is something she likes.

She should have taken his option.

This was such a bad idea. She was the worst driver and her trainer was constantly either speaking about her beauty and how lucky he was or criticizing her about how women shouldn't be driving because they never learn anyways.

This was making her sick.

Her body was healing better. The bandage was removed now. It was only a little more and she is back to normal. Sometimes, they still hurt a little but that was that.

She was also glad her husband's bandage was removed too. He still had a tiny one on his head and she is sure he made a fuss to remove the bigger one. She smiles at that.

"Your smile is beautiful. Women usually all smile in my presence".

She groans at his words. She was going to hurt someone and that someone was sitting beside her.

Just as she was about to take a u-turn a car cut in and she panicked bumping the car onto the sidewalk.

Shit.

Her trainer cursed at her as he exited the car screaming in frustration. She was so scared of leaving the car to face that wrath firsthand.

She quickly picks up her phone by dialing the number she knows by heart now.

"A-Ayaan?" She asked as she tried to make her voice less wobbly, "Help me".

"Baby?" She can hear the panic in his voice and he never panics, "Keep your door locked. Don't open it for anyone I am on my way, ok? Do you want me to stay online with you?"

She can hear the quick footsteps and his car keys as he shouted at someone who was blocking his path, maybe. After she said a quick no, he assured her that he was on his way and the crowd was gathering around her making her suffocate.

She heard a knock on her window and from many knocks, this one was when the crowd was silent. She opens her eyes looking at her husband's concerned face. She immediately opens the door and he pulls her outside wrapping his arms around her, tightly.

"Shh, it's ok, baby. I am here now". He whispers soothing her

"I was so scared". She confessed

"I know. I am sorry. I should have done better". He said sighing as he pulls back keeping her in his arms

He turns to the trainer narrowing his eyes and anger simmering deep in them.

"You hurt my wife". He snapped as his jaw clenched and she leans into him, even though he was angry he kept his body loose for her, "You will pay. First, about this crappy car that you were screaming at her for". He threw an envelope on him, "Get it fixed. Then, I will handle you personally".

He pulls her away from the crowd as he gently places her in his car seat. He bends to look into her eyes before he takes a strand of her hair pushing it back.

"You are ok?" He asked gently and she nodded, "Good. Next time I will teach you how to drive, baby. No more learning from strangers".