Chapter XXVIII- Goths In the Masquerade

Adonis had informed me two days ago that the party would be held tonight, November 12th. The weather was quickly becoming colder and things were beginning to die. As that is what happens in autumn. It seems the season of fall has come late this year.

Anyways, yes, the masquerade was tonight. I was excited, yet I was anxious as well. I couldn't come up with a clear reason why I felt that way. I've been to many celebrations.

I had a dress picked out for the party. I just didn't know where I'd get a mask. I should've thought things through before blurting out to Adonis the idea of a masquerade instead of a normal gathering. My emotions got the better of me. That seemed to happen a lot when I was with him and the phantoms.

But it seemed fitting. Fitting to have a masquerade ball now, just like the one we had years ago. It was exciting. I wondered how different things would be now. I couldn't get my mind off of it.

Sighing, I finished laying my dress out on my bed and walked to the door. I opened it and started to walk out. However, the tip of my foot made contact with something. I looked down. A box.

I bent down and picked it up. I turned back into my room and closed my door behind me. I glanced at the small box in my hands. There was a card. Walking over to my vanity, I gently took the card between my fingers. I set the box down on the table and flipped the card open.

"I couldn't help myself.
It would be an honour to see you wear this tonight.

Sincerely yours,
Adonis"

I shook my head at him. "You don't have to do this," I muttered underneath my breath. I set the card down and slowly uncovered the box. My eyes widened at the sight of the mask. I gaped at it as I steadily set the lid down.

It was beautiful black lace and it's ribbon was shiny. However, the thing that surprised me most were the horns at the top. I've never had something so... beautiful yet stunning. Thinking of Adonis giving this to me made me blush. I covered my face with my hands, feeling the heat radiating off of it. I tried to take a deep breath.

~{}~

I'd gotten dressed in a bright blue gown with black accents and lace gloves

I'd gotten dressed in a bright blue gown with black accents and lace gloves. I also had a matching choker. The dress was a bit more showy compared to what I normally wore. It was sleeveless, but luckily my gloves covered most of my skin.

Now was the time for me to place my mask on after I did my makeup just moments ago. For some reason I was nervous. I couldn't pinpoint why. It was a beautiful accessory. I stared at the mask in my hands.