Chapter 1

As both of the girls enjoy watching the night view, Y/n suddenly heard someone screaming. The Dendro Archon raised her head and looks at the Adeptus, as she also heard it too. "Let's go check it out?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, we should.." Rukkhadevata said worriedly as they both jumped down from the large tree, landing on the ground safely.

Both of them followed the sound until they reached infront of the forest. "They must be in danger! We should go in quick!" Rukkhadevata half-yelled as Y/n nodded. They both ran into the forest and saw a little girl crying silently next to a dead person. "Mama.. Please don't leave me..." The little girl whispered quietly but Y/n could clearly heard what she's said. Rukkhadevata and Y/n approached the little girl which makes her startled. "P-Please don't hurt me!-" The little girl begged for her life as her tears started to fall out of her eyes. Y/n then bend down to her height and patted the little girl's head gently and hugs her. Soon the little girl calm down and fell asleep in the Honkai Adeptus arms. "Poor little girl..." Y/n whispered. ".... I must not let this happen to my citizens again...!" Rukkhadevata said as she was so disappointed at herself, letting the people died. Y/n give her a smile and looks back at the little girl and surprisingly, 'She's an elf?' Y/n thought and sighed. "Let's give her mother a propal burial and give her some peace." Y/n said as Rukkhadevata smiles sadly and nodded. After they both done burying the little girl's mother, they both prayed at the grave and left.

Timeskip - Brought you by Chibi Rukkhadevata pinching Chibi Y/n's cheek

The little girl slowly opened her eyes only to see an unfamiliar place. She got up and looks at her surrounding. 'Where... am I...?' The little girl thought curiously. "Seems like you're awake." The voice said which makes the girl flinched in surprise. She turns her head to the direction where the voice came from, and saw a/an (H/c) girl leaning to the door. "You... A-Are you the one... Who take me here...?" The little girl asked. "Hehe, you got that right, little one. My name is Y/n L/n. What's your name? If you don't mind my asking." Y/n said. The girl thought to herself for a second before looking at the adepti Infront of her. "My name is... Layla. But where am I...?" The little girl now known as— Layla said. Y/n smiled and approached her then pat her head. "Your new home." Y/n said and smile genuinely. "So, Layla. Why are you in the forest all alone?" Y/n asked her. Layla started to sobs which makes the adpeti surprised. "Ah... It's fine if you don't want to tell me." Y/n said with a sad smile. Layla shook her head before wiping her tears away. "My family got hurt because of me... If it weren't for me to born, they would live happily... I was different from them... They hated me because I'm not human like them...! I... They a-also told me that a monster like me shouldn't be here..." Her voice cracked which makes Y/n shocked and quickly hugged her close. "Shh, don't listen to them. You are a human just like us. No matter how you look, no matter your being, you're still like us." Y/n said and comforted her while patting her head gently. Layla started to cry harder and tighten the hug. Rukkhadevata who's standing near the door, watching everything that has happened and smiled at the scene. 'Y/n... You really know how to make them happy and open up again...', Rukkhadevata thought while smiling to herself. She notices the girl was asleep in Y/n arms again and decided to approach the Honkai Adeptus. "How is she?" Rukkhadevata asked. Y/n just smiles sadly while patting the little girl's head gently. "Seems like she gone through a lot..." Y/n said quietly but enough for the Dendro Archon to hear. "You gonna take care of her right?" The Dendro Archon asked. Y/n turns her head and looks at her then gave her a closing eyes smile. "Of course, I would do anything for her from now on. She must not experience those again." Y/n said and gritted her teeth. "You're the kind Adeptus I met so far." Rukkhadevata said. "You know the other Adeptus?" Y/n asked. Rukkhadevata putted her hands on her hip and nodded. "I've met Alatus before but he's so scary..." The Dendro Archon said. "Really? Me and him never get along well. Hehe." Y/n chuckled. "Looks like we're in the same situation with him, hehe." The Dendro let out a small giggle and shook her head. Y/n just smiled at her before looking back at Layla who's in a deep sleep.

Timeskip - Brought you by Chibi Y/n piggyback Chibi Layla

Layla woke up again, and greeted by the bright light outside. "Mhmg..." She then looked around her and saw the Honkai Adeptus sitting on the couch asleep with her arms crossed. 'How long did I slept...?' Layla thought before got out of the bed and grab the blanket. She held it in her small hands before walking to the sleeping Adeptus slowly, and cover half of her body with the blanket. 'This... is much comfortable...' Layla thought to herself. She snapped out of her thought when she heard a groan from the Honkai Adeptus. "No... Rukkhadev...va...ta... d-don't... leave me..." Y/n said unconsciously in her sleep. The little blue-haired elf was so surprised before climbing up on the couch and sat beside her then hugs the Honkai Adeptus. Y/n's bothered face turned into a calm one which makes Layla sigh in relief. She flinched a little when she heard a soft giggles. She turned her head to the direction where the voice came from and saw the Dendro Archon. "How sweet...! I can't stop squealing, ugh...!" Rukkhadevata exclaimed happily but not too loud.