Part 4, Realization

On this day, in the dimly lit room, two silhouettes bustled around incessantly: the mechanic and her assistant. From the very morning, the girl tried to find a breakdown in the complex mechanism that was now on her conscience. A submissive Walker stood nearby, fulfilling her every request as quickly as he could. Be that as it may, he will always remain insanely grateful to her.

– The f*ck .. - the mechanic gritted through her teeth and put her hand to her face as a sign of how tired she was of everything.

– What, again? - said the young man, already guessing what the problem was.

- Not again, but another time. This genius has already used up all the reserves .. - the girl said, checking if there was at least one copy left.

The fact is that Kenneth constantly burned the same chip due to excessive emotionality, or rather, because of his peculiar manifestation of anger.

- Listen .. - the girl said thoughtfully, - could you go to the producer and order a chip for the 25th sensor? He will order a new one from ours, while I will try to find an alternative way to remedy the situation ..

Walker agreed without hesitation. Helping this sweet girl has already become for him almost the meaning of existence. Before that, he had never even been in the producer's room, but nevertheless he knew where it was. Muffled footsteps pounded down the hallway as the computer voice silently repeated "25th sensor.. IC for the 25th sensor.." until it stopped at a tall, majestic door marked "Producer's Room (No Robotic Assholes Enter)". Alan knocked softly, but there was no answer. The young man stood in front of the door and did not know what to do. He was too shy to disobey the higher ranks, however, having gathered courage, he nevertheless decided to enter the door on his own. The producer's room was filled with light, shining bright rays through a huge window. Perpendicular to the window, against the wall, stood a wooden table on which lay a pile of papers. However, the guy's attention was attracted not by a pile of boring documents, but by a photograph peeking out from under it. On it, Alan was surprised to recognize .. himself? No, wait, this can't be, the photo is a completely ordinary living person .. His comrades were standing nearby, still the same - alive. The case that Walker was surprised and puzzled is an understatement. He took it out, folded it in four, and clenched it in his fist.

- What are you doing here? - thundered the voice of Gonzalez, who suddenly appeared in the doorway – didn't you see the sign? The producer was angry, or perhaps he was just trying to mask his fear with rage.

- I was asked to come here..

- Get out now!

- Please, listen to me

- I'll listen t outside the room, out!

Ben's strange behavior only drove Walker more into confusion and was more proof of his crazy, but nevertheless correct guess. After some negotiations with the producer, Alan hurried to share his find with the others.

- Guys, look .. - Walker said, straightening the photo. Two robots hovered over the image, carefully examining the faces of their living versions. \

- I can't believe in that.. I was a living person.. - Jamie sounded excited and puzzled.

"I can't believe... I had a face..." Kenneth said softly. Alan just chuckled.

- It's time for you to find out the truth - a sonorous female voice of a mechanic sounded behind the guys.