6) ...Throwdown

"Hey there, pretty lady", he says, trying to be seductive. He got within one foot from me with a beer in one hand and the other one hanging by his side.

I get a bad creepy feeling from him as soon as he gets close, but I don't want to make a situation out of nothing. "Hi", I say while trying to turn and take a few steps toward the counter, hoping he gets the hint.

Of course he doesn't, I noticed his eye movements looking me up and down with satisfaction that he got a reaction out of me. He also walks forward closing up the space about to put his hand on my waist.

"Hey", I  warned. "Please don't touch me", I shooed his hand away and turned more toward the counter.

"Baby, don't be like that", he sneered.

At this point I stay silent and make sure I am facing the other way and hope he gets the hint now. Wow this drink is taking longer than expected, but I see it being made now and get a little relieved.

A minute goes by and my drink is ready. I grab it, say thank you, and tip the bartender. I see that the guy is still waiting behind me for some reason and start walking to our table. I notice him following me and hope he is just walking to his table or the dance floor because the table is on the way there.

I walk a couple more feet to get to my table and see him walk past the table and turn around to walk up.

"Oh my God, what is your problem?'' I said kind of loudly.

"I don't think it's me who has a problem, you are the one raising your voice", he said, almost impressed.

"I have to in order for you to get the hint, I have tried to be nice, but you are just not getting it", I said, getting fed up.

He says some more bs type things and find my eyes looking at a body leaving the dance floor getting close. When he gets 5 feet away I see that it is Charlie.

He comes up to us saying, "Hey, is there something going on over here.", he gets in front of the guy, "Is he bugging you?" 

"No, it's fine he was just leaving", I answered sternly, trying to get Charlie away from the guy. "I don't want to cause a scene, It's fine. I handled it, but thank you for stepping in"

I look into his eyes ensuring that it's all good and we can let it go and enjoy the rest of the night.

The guy walks away annoyed, a sigh comes out and I take a sip of my drink. I hope I don't see him again, I really just want to enjoy the night and the atmosphere here.

Aimsey and Ranboo walk over to us and we have conversations about different things ranging from songs that would look funny seeing a line dance to it all the way to what different bugs go to dance moves would be. I don't know how it came up, but imagine seeing a cockroach up on Its two legs with a cowboy hat tipping it after doing a 180 degree cross leg spin.

As we were talking, the iconic Hannah Montana song Hoedown Throwdown. I immediately rushed to the dance floor and found the others already there. I found Charlie getting really into the dance and joined beside him.

I didn't expect him to know it so well, but we continued to dance until the song ended.

"Pop it, lock it, polka dot it
Countrify then hip hop it
Put your hawk in the sky, move side to side
Jump to the left, stick it glide

Zig zag across the floor
Shuffle in diagonal;
When the drum hits hand on your hips
One foot in, 180 twist

And then zig zag, step slide
Lean in left, clap three times
Shake it out, head to toe

Throw it all together, that's how we roll..."

The song ends and I turn to Charlie and say, "Wow, I didn't know you could move like that".

"Hey, I'm full of surprises. I guess you'll see the more you're around", he said smirking.

We walk off the dance floor and join the others that have already made it back to the table.

It was getting a little late so we decided to head out and walk back to our hotel. We spent the majority of the walk talking about the fun we had and our favorite parts of the night.

It didn't take that long to get back to the hotel and back up to our separate rooms. I sit on my bed and pull my boots off. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth and I go to the bathroom to take my makeup and get ready for bed.

"Goodnight Charlie", I said, sleepy.

"Goodnight y/n", he replied back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 839