Six:Slight Normalities

Since Rob left that night I have done everything in my power to displace it from me but at night it's the worst, my mind won't left me forget him, his voice, his scent, his eyes, and his touch. Sometimes in my most loneliest moments when I zone out I can feel his presence behind me whispering those words that have scarred me. Have I really fallen so low so fast? If so why haven't I rebelled? Why haven't I been more cautious around him? I mean I've only bumped into him twice already?. Jeez, romantic clichéd or what?.!!!

Meh., it's time for me get back to that independent streak I always loved. I've been working more furiously lately as it's coming upto winter and Christmas guiding us into the new year of 2017. I've made more art pieces, big, small, in-between, bespoke designs for a gallery showing and buying I'm holding this Friday with help of course. It's the new fancy restored De La Mer Gallery right in the city next to theatres and office blocks so it should attract attention of possible buyers and fans. Currently my front room was packed with boxes of small and medium prints, then I had big canvas' and framed billboard size prints too dotting my hallway. I was proud of what I had accomplished with the help of friends and so-called family I had been able to fend for myself, it was hard and emotionally tiring but I had done it. I had survived,now I gotta get back to work ASAP cos my shift is up for tonight starting in exactly 30 minutes.

Work was tiring and we had more rowdy patrons than usual this evening for a Wednesday, still it was early only 6pm so people were coming off from work and catching up etc, so that meant more money flowing. Serving dinners and beers to customers as I did my rounds of the tables I got a few wolf whistles and cheeky grins from the males and a few stares from the vampire males who were always hunched round in the corner to the left of the stage we had set up for music acts. So tonight was like any other night apart from the itch I kept getting on the back of my neck, I don't dare go to the hospitals cos face it their practically rich only or free loaders only and sides it could be just a rash or spot or something minimal so I dint wana waste their time like that. Leaving my hair down over one shoulder I took an order from a group of drunkards weres, who always remind me of hyenas when their together in a pack like this. Ignoring their attempts to woo me, I smiled coyly and made my way to the bar to hand the order to Travis to pass it to chef in the back.

"So...? Typical weds right?." Travis stated whilst he rubbed away furiously at a beer glass. Sighing I nodded, "yeah, another load of drunks sticks who can't keep it in their pants for 20 mins.,. But hopefully, well make enough tonight to take a rain check over Christmas since Toni's thinking of shutting up shop in a few weeks, after all it's only a month away til Christmas holiday begins.-what's your plans anyway?" I asked. Travis looked up at me before saying, "I think I'm expected round a certain someone's house for trimmings?" "Hey, Travis don't bat your eyes at me mister, but is it really my turn to cook again?"- Travis nodded smiling like the Cheshire Cat. Admitting defeat, "fine-but no hoarding yourself up like a pig k?. It's grosses me out and makes Ira sick sides I am not having my flat smell like something crawled up your arse and died ok? So save your gas for when you go home-thanks." I reprimanded him, honestly last year he stunk out my place smelt really dank like eeww. Shivering at the memory as Chef gave me a tray of food for the weres to eat along with beers tucked into my petticoat round the back. Sauntering over I placed the tray on the table as the weres eyes dilated at the sight of food, then whipping the beers out from behind me I placed them down next to them each all as I pulled away from the last bottle, a were stuck at me. He grabbed my wrist and held me in place, "you look mighty delicious say why don't you bring that ass over to me and we can do something about it huh?" The next sound I heard was a cackle erupt from him and his peers, my cheeks flushed in anger as I clutched my fist tightly. Smiling to myself, "you know I would but I don't do morons with huge egos so unhand me." My eyes were locked with him seeking dominance over this were, but like all they were stubborn. Sighing and mumbling to myself, I didn't want to have to do this. Tugging slightly to get my right hand free I used his weight to an advantage by slamming his ass of a head into the table hard making his nose bleed and spray onto the floor. Keeping my right hand on his head as my body pinned him down as much as I could whilst I registered shock on his friends faces. Gritting my teeth, "now let's try this again shall we? Never touch me....or anyone for that matter because if you do I will kill you and that's a promise you can be sure of it." Leaning off him and patting myself down I smiled sweet and evilly at the were group, "please enjoy the rest your meal." And stalked off into the mass of drunk revellers who hadn't noticed the disturbance, Toni made eye contact with me letting me know that my ass was on thin ice but he understood and next let the security take care of it, nodding in understanding I went through the back to the alley way to catch my breath and calm my anger that was residing within me.