The Beginning

I wish I knew how to start this. I guess from the beginning. My name is y/n, about 5 months ago while sitting at home the tv started beeping, you know that annoying beep beep beep. Usually starts with "this is a test", yeah not a test this time. They announce a virus is spreading, killing people. You would think it would end there but nay nay my friends, she continues with these people are reanimating and killing people creating more of these flesh eating creatures. Everything happened so fast, needless to say its all been shit since then. I tried finding my parents, my friends, but everyone was gone. All I could do was try to survive and hope they were all ok. It wasn't till I ran into a sheriff that I saw any light of hope in this bleak world.

His name was Rick, he  told me he had safety at a farm and I could join them there. Thank God because alone, I don't think I could have made it much longer. I'm not really the most talkative, social person. I like to keep to myself, do my own thing, less drama that way. So coming to the farm and meeting everyone was a bit overwhelming at first but the fact that I wasn't alone anymore was really all that mattered.

So today marks a month that I've been on the farm, everyone is great, Hershal was very leery of everyone at first but he seems to be accepting it more and he actually really seems to like me.  As for me, I'm doing ok. The world is shit and I'm sitting in my tent pining over a boy.. hahaha.. who the hell does that in a damn apocolypse?? Yeah, I guess me, I do!!! But if you met him you would understand. His name is Daryl Dixon and there's just something about him. He's quiet, hard working, loyal... oh and FREAKEN gorgeous!! Seriously though he's so dedicated to helping everyone, making sure everyone has something eat, I just wish I had an ounce of confidence to even really talk to him.

I never really had any confidence. Always the chubby girl, bullied, made to feel like I was less then everyone else. Always trying to prove myself, trying to get people to like me and for what? They were still always cruel. It formed me into who I am today, the quiet, shy one who tries to stay away from the spot light, trying to not draw any attention to myself. It's how I have to protect myself but it hurts, it makes talking to people hard, making true connections almost impossible because all I always think is how stupid I must sound or how bad they must think of me. This is all why I would never even think to approach Daryl in any way other then helping keep each other alive.

Even in the apocolypse I try to be a people pleaser. I do everything that's asked of me and I try to go above and beyond. Today is laundry day. It's supposed to be me, Lori and Andrea doing it but Lori wasn't feeling well and Andrea... well who the hell knows what she's up to, but I told everyone its fine I will take care of it all. So I'm down at the river taking care of everyones laundry. I must say though the quiet is amazing, the water is beautiful, tall trees surround me, the birds still sing in the trees. It surprises me that there can still be such beauty in this world.