Chapter 1

The white fluffy snow floats down from the sky gently landing on my strawberry blonde, long, wavy hair, and the clothing I was wear at this moment of time. Winters hat, soft scarf and a black coat; just keeping I warm from the cold. As I walk very slowly on the pavement which is covered with snow, I look out for any person forming a snowball in their hand. If someone dares throws a snowball and I get hit by it, then I will unleash my bottle of rage on them...and it's not pretty.

I love the snow I mean its snow, but I hate walking in the snow with douche bags throwing iced up snowballs and the pavement are iced up t so you could slip and fall, probably getting a bruise on your bottom and I have bruises on my bottom. I continue walking because I have to go to school, I need a good enough attendance, and well I have had a perfect attendance. I can't go anywhere else because the school will ring up my mother, who will ring my dad, who will ring my brother, then he will ring my phone calmly saying 'mum and dad are going insane again; better get your arse back home or grab a bus to my house is probably you best option to be honest'. Then he will continue by telling me how I am so lucky to have a brother like him...HA! If only he was the one going through the little sibling pain. Older brothers have its worst points and it's alright point. I'm not going to lie, but he has been there for me, and we had our fun moments until he takes it too far making my want to run and cry. However there were some good times.However, let's get this straight, my whole family are crazy and there are some who are not affected by the craziness but most of them are.

Finally a few steps into the school I approach my locker putting away my hat, coat and scarf away and taking out a few of my books out. I shut my locker and make my way down the wide corridor towards one of the club rooms; I take out my science books out of my bag. Chemistry puzzles me, no wait everything in science puzzles me. Trying to revise what I didn't know which was everything, basically.  I wish I had a photographic memory then I could take these exams without any worries.

"I knew you would be in here" a familiar voice says.

Her long chocolate brown curly hair falls to her stomach and eyes staring at my direction, she looked like a model; she is my best friend Paige. We have been friends for six years now, and should I say, those were some interesting years.

"This is the only place I can go and not be stared at by younger children; I mean they really freak me out" I tell her. "Do you mind helping me" I continue while pointing at the book.

She nods "Okay"

I smile and let her teach me because she is really smart in...everything. I'm ok in some subject, and I do get C's in most of them but just to be on the safe side, let's aim for a B at least, so I can get into the collage I want to go to.

"Nina, Focus" Paige snaps.

 I blink then realise I was daydreaming, great the exam is in 15 minutes and I didn't even learn anything. The bell rings for form time, which only lasts for 15 minutes means in 15 minutes the exam, don't worry Nina you can do this. While I continue thing about it, I walk into my form room and lucky enough there was people here before me. I take a sit and go through my colourful memory card...yeah that's right I have different coloured memory cards, don't hate. I thought they would help me but nothing seems to stick in there, come on brain can't you make some room for more important information then thinking of Big Bang Theory, I mean I can always watch it again.

Everyone else enters the class however the teacher can be late sometime because of morning meeting. Katie who sits next to me was more nervous than me, and she get A's in nearly every subject. She does deserve it I swear that girl revises all day and night, I bet she's a vampire, because not only is she smart but very pretty. She has a boyfriend who is a year older, not the hottest guy ever but it just shows she isn't the type to go for the looks, but the personality.

"Nervous?" I ask.

"Yep. You seem relax" she says to me

"Because I know I'm going to fail this"

"Same here" She agreed

"No you are not" I argue back

"Yes I am"

"Ok then answer this question" I looked through my memory cards to find a question. "Describe how a Fluorine atom becomes a Fluorine ion?"

"That's easy. A Fluorine atom to become a Fluorine ion is to gain one electron, the ion then becomes a negative and the ion also has a full outer shell which is stable."

She didn't even stop to breathe...I am certain she's not human. I smile and nod showing how right she was, she smiles back and keeps it on her face showing how confident she is now. My smile soon disappears when I realise I did not even know the answer. I flick through my cards once more, for luck.

The teacher enters the room and quickly takes the register and leads us down the hall where we are then shown to the rooms where we take our exams. I hate exams but what I hate the most is knowing the bad boy is sitting behind me. This wasn't the first time, to be honest he sits behind me all the time, his dad forces him to take the exam and I mean drags him to school and makes sure he takes the test, but on other days his dad doesn't care.

"Ok now if you fill in the front of you exam with your details, please" the man instructed us.

I did so, but the bad boy behind me didn't. So the young exam lady did it for him, I notice without even looking she was already charmed by his looks. I mean who wouldn't, Jet black hair which sometimes hides his bright blue eye and the clothes he wears suits him, sometime he comes back home shitless flashing his abs and tattoos. His tattoos stood for me. I am not some kind of stalker that looks at him every day, I have not choose because he lives across my road and my bedroom  and his happens to be on the road side, what a coincidence that lived across from Collin Carter. Not only that he and my brother and some other guys ended up being in the same gang. Just because they start fights at random parties, then coming home at 5 in the morning, riding motorbikes without helmets, drink driving and been to jail more than five times. Nothing serious, they only get into jail when fights are involved.

I wonder if he even knows who I am, my brother keeps to himself most of the time in his room and I doubt that he ever talks about me. Our dad starts yelling in his face, saying that he is wasting his life. I agree with my dad but he doesn't need to shout. My brother has a job and makes money, I just hope it's nothing to do with drugs, I'm not saying he does them, I don't want him involved. I'm not even sure what he does but he's getting the money somehow.

"You may begin" the man shouts.

I snap out of my thought and open my paper to start, I waste no time and just got on with it making sure I would answer every question. I could hear the foot step and whispers from the older adults who were watching Collin do nothing. As if he was going to give this opportunity away, he might as well do something then sit around and do nothing. There was ten minutes left and Collin started to open his paper, I could hear his pen writing and page turning, I quickly finished my exam paper sparing five minutes to check it through but I never do, so I sit there in silence.

"Five minutes to go" the man says.

Collin still writing was not rushing like the rest of the people still working but carried on at his own speed.

"Please stop writing, and wait in silence until you are dismiss"

Everyone closed their paper and waited for the examiners came to collect it in. I could hear Collin whisper "just in time" to himself, must be a new record for him as well. We all got dismiss and had to return to our normal lesson, and I had science, great more science. I waited for Paige because we were both in the same science class, but I could not help but notice that Collin was standing with my brother ready to leave school.

_____________________________________________________________

Thank You for reading, hope you enjoyed it.