Chapter Nine: The Super Difficult First Exam!

Morino Ibiki stood at the front of the room, surrounded by at least fifteen other mid-aged ninjas. He had two scars, one starting on his chin and running up his face to hid in his forehead protector which acted like a hat. The other was short cutting across his right cheek. His certain air that he carried with him was of one that demanded respect. He eyed the room with sheer pleasure, knowing that he control their fate of becoming chuunin or not.

He pointed to the back of the room directly were Kizuato and the others were.

“Crap” Kizuato thought “Are we already in trouble?”

“You three from the Hidden Village of the Sound” He began “Don’t think you can do anything you want before the exam. Do you want us to fail you already?”

“I’m sorry. I was excited, since this is my first exam.” Said The sound ninja with his face covered in bandages, who didn’t sound sorry at all. Morino frowned.

“This is a good chance to say this… You are not allowed to fight each other during the exam unless given permission by the examiners. Even if the permission is given, you are not allowed to kill the other. Pigs who go against me will fail immediately. Understood?” He gave the room a menacing glare. “We will now begin the first exam of the Chuunin selection Exam. Turn in your applications. Take on of these number tags, and sit where the number tells you to.” He held up number cards for them to see “Then we will pass out the papers for the written exam.”

“Written…? Papers…? Paper…?  A paper test?!” Yelled Naruto completely berserk. After Naruto calmed down they all Did a single file towards Morino Ibiki who then proceeded to  take their applications and in exchange give them a number card. Kizuato pulled out number 26, Hirano 69, and Kazuki got 13. Nowhere near each other. Kizuato walked to her seat and had to wait a good Fifteen minutes before everything was set. A man gave her the written test face-down, a pencil and an eraser. Another five Minutes later and Ibiki said

“This First Exam has a few important rules. I will not accept any questions, so listen carefully. First rule is you all are given 10 points at the start. The written Exam consists of 10 questions, and each is worth one point.” He wrote on the chalkboard copyingWhat he said. “This test is a deduction based test. If you get one problem wrong, you will get one point deducted. If you get three problems wrong, your points will be reduced to 7. Second rule, The pass-fail decision will be determined by your team’s total points.”

Kizuato saw sakura hit her head on her desk then shout

“Wait! Your team’s total points? What?!”

“Shut up!” He replied “There is a reason for this. Just shut up and listen, Now that you know, let’s move on to the next rule. If an examiner determines that you cheated or do something similar during the test…. Each action will cause you to lose two points”

“What!” thought Kizuato “Only two points shouldn’t we be kicked out or something if we cheat?”

“In other words” Ibiki continued “There will be people who will be forced to leave this place without their tests being graded. Those who try to cheat without thinking carefully will only hurt themselves.”

“We’ll ‘check you at any time.” Said one of the many examiners who were sitting at the side of the room.

“You are all trying to become Chuunins. If you are a ninja, act like a first-rate one. Also, if anyone in a team gets a zero, everyonr on that team will fail.”

“What did you say?!” yelled Sakura who obviously had doubts about Naruto passing.

“The last problem will be given 45 minutes after the exam begins. You will have one hour for the exam. BEGIN!” yelled Ibiki