Chapter 17: The queen's revenge

When Leo woke up, it was barely light out. He looked at Crystal. She was still asleep. He took off Crystal's bandage and looked at the bite. It looked worse. Just then, Crystal opened her eyes. She noticed the worried look on Leo's face.
"What's wrong, Leo?" Crystal asked.
"Your bite...looks worse," Leo replied.
Crystal sat up and lifted her hand to touch her neck, but Leo stopped her.
"No, that might make it even worse," Leo said.
"What are we going to do?" Crystal asked sadly.
"We need Don," Leo replied.
"But they're back home," Crystal said.
"Unless someone here knows exactly what to do, we need to get you to Donnie," Leo said.
"We can't just leave everyone," Crystal replied.
Leo sighed and said, "Yeah. I'll text Donnie. Maybe he could come here instead."
Leo took out his Shell Cell and texted Donnie.
'I just hope he'll get here in time,' Leo silently hoped.
"Now what? Should we go back to the others?" Crystal asked.
"Yeah. Donnie can find us," Leo replied as he helped Crystal up.
They walked together to the camp entrance.

-------------

Cordelia woke up to the rustling of bushes. She started to freak out until she saw that it was just Leo and Crystal. As she looked at Crystal, she noticed the bit mark on her neck.
"Oh my gosh, Crystal! What happened?" Cordelia shouted as she ran up to Leo and Crystal.
"Long story," Crystal replied.
Leo gave Crystal the "Should-I-tell-them" look. Crystal slightly shook her head.
"What are you guys hiding?" Cordelia asked, crossing her arms.
"Nothing," Crystal and Leo said at the same time, trying to look innocent.
"Mhm. Sure. I'll believe that when Shadow divorces me," Cordelia replied, smiling.
Leo and Crystal sat down and leaned against a boulder. Leo cut off the other part of his mask and put it on Crystal's neck. Crystal smiled and kissed him. They looked around and saw Nikki, Sonic, Rose, Joey, Shadow, Scarlet, and Bane still sleeping. Cordelia was pacing around.
"That's it. I'm waking Shadow, Rose, and Joey up so we can go hunting," Cordelia said as she walked over to Shadow.
Leo and Crystal looked at each other and shrugged.
"Hey babe. Time to get up," Cordelia said sweetly as she tapped Shadow.
"But there's no school today," Shadow mumbled.
Cordelia rolled her eyes.
"SHADOW!" Cordelia yelled, waking everyone up.
"I'm pancaked!" Shadow replied jumping up.
Cordelia smirked.
"What's the big idea, Cordelia!?" Nikki shouted as she walked up to Cordelia.
Cordelia shrugged and said, "About time you guys wake up."
Nikki growled and was about to shout back at Cordelia when Sonic came up by her.
"Hey, relax," Sonic said.
"I WON'T-"
Sonic cut Nikki off by kissing her deeply. After the kiss, Nikki smiled at Sonic.
"Well, now that everyone is up, we have a story to tell you guys," Crystal said.
Everyone gathered around Leo and Crystal as they started explaining what had happened to them the night before. The only thing they didn't tell the others was that they were engaged.
"Wait, the queen as in Cordelia's mom?" Rose asked.
Leo and Crystal nodded.
"And the gems that Rose and I found...have powers?" Joey asked.
"Yes, though we aren't sure what kind of powers," Leo replied.
"So, what do we do now?" Nikki asked.
"Well, I was going to take Shadow, Rose, and Joey hunting with me," Cordelia said.
"No, no, no. I'll take Rose and Joey hunting with me. You will stay here," Shadow said.
"But Shadie, I wanna come with," Cordelia whined.
"No," Shadow said sternly.
Cordelia crossed her arms and pouted.
-------
Shadow, Rose, and Joey all went into the woods to go find some food for the others.
"So...what happened last night after Joey left, Rose?" Shadow asked.
"What do you...uh...mean Shadow?" Rose said hesitantly.
"Why did you hesitate?" Joey asked.
"I didn't hesitate!" Rose exclaimed
"Okay, okay, don't get so defensive!" Joey said as he put his hands up.
Rose stared intensely at Shadow until he put his hands up in fear of getting murdered in his sleep.
After the small conversation, Joey noticed the smell of an elk.
"Guys I smell an elk. Follow me!" Joey said as the group went to catch the elk.
---------
When the others got back from hunting, everyone ate.
"So, what now?" Rose asked.
"Well, whatever Shredder and the queen are planning to do with those gems, we have to stop them," Leo explained.
"What would the queen do with all that power?" Joey asked.
"Well, it depends on what the power can do. She might be able to control minds, which means that Cordelia and Shadow could be forced into becoming rulers or even divorcing each other. For the rest of us, she could have us jump off a cliff," Crystal explained.
Cordelia and Shadow looked at each other with worried faces.
"I say we go get them right now!" Joey exclaimed.
"Not so fast. We need a plan," Leo said.
After a few minutes, they decided on a plan and left.
-------
Everyone went to the gem cave, except Shadow and Cordelia, for obvious reasons. They hid behind two enormous boulders.
"Alright. You guys know what to do," Crystal whispered.
Everyone nodded. Just as they were about to start, something invisible grabbed each of them.
"Foot Tech ninjas!" Leo exclaimed as he took out his katanas.
Crystal did the same, but before they had time to attack, Foot Mechs came out of the shadows and grabbed them.
"Now the Foot Mechs!? Seriously?" Crystal said, annoyed.
Leo and Crystal battled the Foot with the help of the others. The queen and Shredder appeared in front of them.
"What do you want?" Joey growled.
"Oh, don't worry. No harm will come to Cordelia. I can't possibly hurt my own daughter...or her husband, as much as I don't approve of him," the queen replied.
Then, they both vanished. The group went back to camp in silence.
----------
While everyone was at the cave, Cordelia and Shadow were thinking about baby names.
"I like Aaron for a boy," Cordelia said while rubbing her stomach.
"Yeah, I like that name. How about Ruby for a girl?" Shadow said as he rubbed her arm.
"Mmm. I like those names," Cordelia said as she laid her head on Shadow's shoulder and yawned.
"Get some rest, baby. I'll watch out for anyone," Shadow said as he laid Cordelia's head on his lap and stroked her hair.
"Al..right," Cordelia said before she fell asleep to the light stroke of his hand in her hair.
After sometime, four of the Queen's guards grabbed both Shadow and Cordelia. Before either of them could scream, the guards injected them with enough silver to knock them out rather then kill them.
--------
As darkness fell on the valley outside, the gang finally got back to their camp ground. When they noticed that Shadow and Cordelia were gone, Scarlet said, "The Queen's guards took them. I would know that scent anywhere."
"She lied! They both lied!" Rose said as she fell to the ground. Joey knelt beside her to comfort her.
"Where do you think they went?" Bane asked.
"Well, they would be stupid to go back to the castle since that is the most obvious place to look. What if they went to Sweden!?" Nikki said.
"Why would they go to Sweden?" Joey asked.
"Why wouldn't they go to Sweden?" Nikki replied back.
"Well, that seems like a good place to start," Rose said, mostly calmed down.
"Then let's pack up and go," Leo said as everyone started packing up.
---------
When Shadow and Cordelia woke up, they were in a dark cell.
"Ugh, I don't think this is the best for me. I have a major headache," Cordelia said as she stood up. She then stumbled over her feet.
"Woah be careful," Shadow said as he steadied her.
Just then the cell door opened, revealing the queen and some random old looking guy.
"Who are you?" Shadow asked looking at the guy.
"My name is King Mordecai, also known as your father's brother, Cordeliana," Mordecai said to Cordelia.
"What?" Cordelia said.
"Yep, and I know that you're pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl," Mordecai said with an evil smile.
"Oh my god," Cordelia said, "I'm...I'm having twins?"
"Yes, and it's a boy and a girl," Levanna said with a malicious glint in her eyes.
----------
The group found an abandoned van and took that to get closer to the border of Sweden. Once everyone was close enough to the border they decided to walk the rest of the way.
"I'm worried about Cordelia and Shadow. I hope there ok," Crystal said.
"Hey, I'm sure they're fine," Leo replied.
"Yeah, I know Shadow would do anything to protect Cordelia," Joey added.
Crystal sighed. The gang continued until they reached the border of Sweden and Finland.
"Well, here we are. Now all we gotta do is find where they're keeping Cordelia and Shadow," Rose said.
The group found an old house that blended into the dark of the night.
"Well, it's creepy enough," Scarlet said.
Crystal and Leo took out their katanas.
"It would be nice to have Donnie's night vision goggles right about now," Crystal said.
"I agree, but instead we just have to mostly use our ears," Leo said.
The group went down the hallway, looking and listening in every room. Finally, they came to a door at the end of the hall.
"It doesn't seem like anyone's in there," Rose said.
"Still, I think it's best we check," Joey replied.
They opened the door and saw stairs leading down into a basement.
"Well, no time like the present," Joey said as they started to walk down.
When they got to the bottom, Joey flipped the light switch on the wall. The glow of all the lights revealed a large room with three doors.
"How do we know which one is right?" Scarlet asked.
"Well, we could split up, or--" Joey was cut off by Rose.
"This door is slightly open," Rose pointed out, standing by the right door.
"Seems like the best place to start," Crystal said as they entered.
They travelled along the dimly lit hall. Near the end, they heard voices.
-------------
"No way! I'm not giving up my daughter!" Cordelia exclaimed.
"Then the entire world will be a war zone," Queen Levana said with a smirk.
"No, no, no..." Cordelia said as she started to repeat the word frantically.
"Many people will die if you don't, my child," the queen told Cordelia.
Cordelia looked at Shadow. They both had a mortified look on their face.
"Fine, y-y-you can have o-o-our d-dau-daughter. Just don't hurt anyone," Cordelia said as she started to cry.
"Great!" King Mordecai said with a mischievous smile.
Just then, the door broke down. Standing in the doorway was the rest of the gang.
"Cordelia!" Rose exclaimed as she ran up to Cordelia and wrapped her in a hug.
"What's wrong? What did they do to you?" Rose asked when she saw Cordelia crying.
"I...have to...give up our daughter," Cordelia replied between tears.
"What! Why?" Rose asked, shocked.
"Remember to keep you promise, darling. Otherwise, many will die," the queen said with a smirk.
"So not cool," Joey whispered.
"That's terrible!" Rose exclaimed. "How could you bear to do that?"
Cordelia just cried.
"Well, let's get out of this dump before the queen decides to take more stuff from us," Joey said.
"Oh no. None of you are going anywhere," Mordecai said.
"Watch us," Rose said angrily.
As they went towards the door, three vampires blocked the doorway.
"Well, look who it is. Our old friends, Drake and his buddy," Shadow said.
"Like Mordecai said, none of you are leaving here...alive," Drake said.
"Fuck off!" Cordelia yelled at them.
"Oh, someone's feisty," Ralph said.
"Back off, you don't know shit about us!" Rose said.
"Geez, seems like everyone's in a bad mood today," Drake said.
"Let us go," Leo said as he and Crystal took out their katanas.
"Oh please. Just because you can't be affected by werewolves or vampires doesn't mean we can't kill you," Ralph said.
Everyone formed a circle around Cordelia to protect her from attacks.