Chapter 20

😗sorry for any mistakes

Brooklyn, New YorkApril 30thMonday

Brooklyn, New York
April 30th
Monday

"Wait... you have a girlfriend? Since when?" Ty frowned his eyebrows with confusion written on his face as he looked at Gio.

Gio straight-faced him, "Nah nigga. I'm jus' talking 'bout this girl and callin' her my girlfriend for no reason" He spoke sarcastically. Sage chuckled at them, looking up from his phone as he sat in the barber seat getting his retwist.

"That ain' my fault. Yo ass stay lyin' and be having imaginary girlfriends" Ty shrugged, focusing back on his client in his chair. The few people in the shop chuckled at Ty's statement while Gio just mugged him.

"Nigga shut up. Always talkin' shit" Gio sucked his teeth.

"You the one poppin' up wit' secret girls and shit. I ain' never heard of no girl named Aaleeyah" Ty shook his head.

Kj walked up to the front of the shop with his face scrunched up "Aaleeyah? My cousin Aaleeyah my nigga?" He jerked his head back, looking at Gio funny.

"Hea' this bird go. The man swears everyone in Brooklyn is his cousin" Ty shook his head and everyone started laughing.

Kj waved him off "She was at my birthday get-together. She's dark skinned, she's a journalist, and has a two-year-old daughter named Kiana?" Kj raised his eyebrow.

Sage furrowed his eyebrows at Gio, he knew everything else about the girl but he didn't know she had a daughter.

"Damn, jus' tell all her business then" The girl who was retwisting Sage's hair mumbled and tilted his head back a little.

"Nigga you playin' stepdaddy? I must needa get Yanna pregnant so she can be a part of the moms club." Ty smirked, making everyone laugh. He talked about having kids and getting Iyanna pregnant so many times throughout the day, you would think she was pregnant.

"We all kno' Yanna would rather drop dead rather than bein' pregnant" Kj laughed, walking to his station.

"Why are you even threatening her like that?" Sage's hairstylist spoke with her face frowning.

"It's not a threat. We've been talkin' bout kids lately. So... Ty jr on the way" Ty smirked, dusting the hair off his client with a brush.

Gio sucked his teeth "This isn't about y'all right now! This is about me and my new lover" Gio huffed. Smacked lips and teeth sucking were heard throughout the barbershop after his statement.

"But yes I have a daughter now. Yes, I'm a stepdad 'cause ha' dad is a bum. Yes, I want father's day gifts." Gio smiled, looking around at everyone.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at him funny "That shit ain' gon' last. Next" Kj waved him off and Gio's jaw dropped.