Chapter 25 King

We're riding the back of Circes horse with her back pressed against my front.

I gulp as I try to focus on something else besides my arms around her waist.

"How did you get the fires out? Does it have something to do with your quhal to be able to stop time?" I ask curious.

And fascinated.

It's incredibly rare for someone to be able to stop time as a quhal, I've never even heard of someone having it.

She shakes her head. "No, it has nothing to do with stopping time. By the way you can't tell people what my quhal is, it'll be dangerous if other people knew about my ability to stop time," she pauses to take a breath before saying something Id never thought I'd hear. "I have a second quhal, I used it to suffocate the fire."

"You have a second quhal?!" I practically screech.

Nobody has ever had a second quhal. Not none that I know of anyway.

Well now I know one.

She nods. "I can call upon this black smoke and bend it to my will, I can make it more solid, or as light as fog. It's called Typhokinesis. This quhal is still a secret but my people in Asthlim know about it. That's why I keep the Temporal Stasis a secret. I trust you enough to keep both of my quhals a secret to everyone, I hope you don't break it."

I look at the back of her head. "I would never tell anyone Circe, you can trust me. I swear."

She breathes out. "Good."

"Wait, Are you okay?" I ask concerned. "You used both of your quhals at the same time?" I assume.

"I'm tired and drained but I'll be okay." She answers honestly.

"You can lean on me if you want," I hesitantly ask her, "we still have 20 minutes until we get there."

"Thanks." She says as she leans further in to me and rests her head on my shoulder. I gently take the reigns from her hands, caging her in as I see her eyes close.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The twins struggle out of Cela and Levos's grasp as we pull up to the front of the destroyed mansion.

I gently tap Circe awake and whisper, "we're here."

She slowly comes too and immediately jumps off the horse as she sees Seri and Syrian running towards us, i hop off too and make my way towards her crouched figure.

The kids are both in her arms as she squeezes them tight, mumbling words I can't hear. I let her have her moment while I take a closer look around. Most of the people from the closest towns are here, most of them look fine, standing up and talking, others look injured and bleeding, thankfully my staff knows what to do and my physicians are attending to them.

"King Kamau!" I turn my head to the right and see Ms. Clarke running up to me. She has soot all over her face and clothes, i probably look the same, possibly even worse.

She stops a few feet in front of me and breathes out a relieved sigh. "I'm so glad your alright! I couldn't find anyone so I had to run all the way up here," she pauses when her voice cracks. "I thought you were already dead, I'm sorry I couldn't get help sooner." Her eyes water but she puts on a brave face.

I grab her shoulder. "Hey, it's fine. I'm totally okay. I'm just glad your not seriously injured."

She smiles at me before she looks to the arm on her shoulder and gasps. "King Kamau your arms!" She looks at my burns.

I pull my hand away. "There not severe, I'll be fine. Did you meet up with your family."

She nods. "Yea, I did." She looks behind me to see Circe hugging and talking to the kids. "Did Queen Circe rescue you?" She questions with this weird look on her face.