Is she my Aunt or Something?

A woman hums as she walks towards a silver car parked across the street from a fancy restaurant, heavy car boot in hand. The words are indistinguishable as the woman hardly murmurs them, but if a passerby were to pay attention, they pick up on the strange bar song she seemed to sing.

"...drink up me hearties yo ho..."

Within minutes the boot is attached to the poor blokes' car and she grins.

"What a poor sap he is, really..."

As the woman struts back towards a parked yellow bug her grin turns into a smirk,

"But really, what did he think was going to happen? Us Swans are hard to beat,"

She hops inside the driver's side and kicks her feet up onto the dash, "Well," she chuckles "even if it is Swan and Swann..."

Her murmurings trail off as she gets lost in thought,

'I wonder if Emma will be pissed at me for buying her a mini cake... she doesn't like making a huge deal out of her birthday but..'

The woman pauses for a moment then smirks 'Nah, after this dreadful fake date she has to go on there's no way she'll turn down cake.'

Glancing at the clock within the car her smirk falls to a disgruntled expression "Goodness this will take forever... might as well get us something to drink to celebrate later tonight."

A short while later the woman makes it back to the car just to hear, "Anne! Annie!"

She turns and sees a blonde making her way across the street to her,

"About time! You turn the bloke in yet?"

"Called the cops in a minute ago, they're picking him up as we speak."

"Sweet! Then that means you get to enjoy this," I hand her a cinnamon latte with an extra shot of espresso, "and you also get to enjoy the wonderful mini chocolate cake I have for us to eat when we get home!"

Emma gives a half-hearted groan "Twist my arm," she jokes.

"And hope for better things. You better be grateful that I haven't been drinking! I happened to find a coffee shop that has my favorite latte flavor-"

"-bourbon pumpkin spice with a extra shot of espresso?"

"You know me so well Em!"

~

By the time we arrive at our apartment our banter has calmed down, and a slightly solemn mood has fallen upon us.

"I'll get the candles if you'll get the cake out of the box?" I ask quietly.

She only nods.

After grabbing the candle I see that she's served us each a large slice, leaving one more big slice of cake left in the box. I stick the candle in her slice and hand her the matchbox before stepping back and letting her have her moment.

"Another banner year" she mutters tiredly before glancing up at me. I smile,

"Aye, and we'll make the most out of the next one. Just like this past year."

She shoots me a grateful smile.

"Make a wish Em,"

She shoots me a bemused look,

"What? There's no harm in it, is there?"

We chuckle and she decidedly nods, closing her eyes tightly for a moment before blowing out the candle.

Not a moment later, there's a knock at the door. We both pause and shoot each other questioning looks, "Did you..."

"No. I don't know who that is," Emma frowns.