𝑽𝑰𝑰 - 𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑵, 𝑩𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯

❝𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑟, 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑠ℎ. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒, 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑠ℎ. 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 '𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑛𝑜. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑖'𝑚 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝐼 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖'𝑚 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑠. 𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦, 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ '𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤❞

GOJO SATORU BLINKED, looking down at his hand and at the yellow neon sign currently branded there. The sorcerer tsked, adjusting his sunglasses and pushing through the line until he was finally inside Neo Masquerade. Satoru sighed, staring at the crowd of faceless women dancing in front of him in skimpy dresses and heels that could rival a mountain.

He didn't know what exactly had possessed him to go out on that particular night – for God's sake, he was a special-grade sorcerer and a teacher, he had plenty of work to catch up on. And yet, instead of making his way through his very overdue mission reports and his lesson plan, the sorcerer found himself dressed in his best clothes, walking into the clubbing district without a single doubt.

Clubbing wasn't his scene – never had been, actually. It was Keisuke's, which is probably what had pushed Satoru to go there in the first place. Really, that bastard better be laughing from wherever the fuck he was watching, because Gojo was not doing this for his pleasure. Satoru turned around, adjusting the cuffs of his shirt, his covered eyes catching a glimpse of red and grey in his peripheral vision.

It took the man less than ten seconds to realize this nightly escapade of his had been a mistake – which is around how long it took for him to notice the very drunk and very beautiful Kinzoku Mikazuki leaning against the bar, a red dress – was that even a dress? 'Cause Satoru could swear he'd just seen a glimpse of her thong – draped over her with a sheer black jacket and a pair of high heels.

Mikazuki noticed him only a second later, and instead of turning around and pretending that she hadn't seen him in the first place (which is what a sane person would have done), she took the bottle of vodka, downing nearly half of it before marching his way. It was easy to tell her apart in the crowd, she was the only one wearing vibrant red and with grey lifeless hair, and if even if she had been wearing anything else, Mikazuki always stood out to Satoru, the golden glow of her Cursed Energy acting like a beacon to his.

The sorceress paused when she was in front of Satoru, a bottle of vodka in her hand as she eyed the man with a curious stare. She was clearly buzzed, if not drunk altogether, something Gojo had never witnessed before but that was still familiar enough for his defences to lower at the sight.

"Really?" the woman spoke, her voice barely audible between the constant thrum of the music and the other voices in the dancefloor "So now you're following me at... what, The Magistrate's request?"

The accusation cut deep, but Satoru remained impassive, looking down on the sorceress and taking in the thin layer of sweat covering her skin. The clubs were always hot, although the alcohol in her system probably helped too. His eyes hovered above her chest, the large scar that ran through the middle catching his attention before he quickly looked elsewhere. Openly staring at Mikazuki's chest probably wasn't the smartest move.

"Believe it or not," Satoru began, leaning down so she could hear every word "coincidences do happen every now and then, my angel"

My angel. Uh oh, and Satoru wasn't even drunk, meaning he had no excuse for that one.

Mikazuki scoffed, both amused at the poor flirting attempt and at the ridiculousness of what he'd just said. Coincidences did happen, but not to people like them. They were two sides of the same coin, both pulled together and apart by the universe, two sides of infinity that could never touch. The irony of it all would have hit Mikazuki harder if she remembered just how much she used to love him. Same people, different time.

"Sure, but never to us" the sorceress pondered, taking another swig of the vodka, not even wincing as it made its way down her throat.

Satoru knitted his brows, staring back at the woman with his lips pursed. Truth to be told, he had never seen Mikazuki drink at all – let alone the quantity she was currently downing as if were mere tap water instead of pure Absolut vodka.

"Don't you think you've already had enough of that?" he asked as gently as he could, not that the Kinzoku missed the judgemental tone attached to the remark.

Mikazuki paused, looking up at the sorcerer through her thick lashes. The woman smiled, a challenge already forming in the back of her mind as she reaffirmed her grip on the bottle.

"Why? Are you scared I'll outdrink you?"

The question lingered in the air, and, for a moment, it seemed like Gojo might not answer it. However, Satoru's eyes quickly grew large and he started laughing, the sound startling enough to garner a couple of surprised looks from the crowd. Mikazuki pouted, crossing her arms in front of her chest with an annoyed expression on her face. Without thinking too much of it, Satoru snatched the bottle from her hands, downing a good swig, Adam's apple bobbing with each gulp.

"Oh, on the contrary" Gojo announced once he was done, he too wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt. Whatever, he could just buy a new one "I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself trying"

Oh, that condescending motherf– Mikazuki grabbed the bottle back, taking a sip and glaring at the man with enough force she could feel the Cursed Energy inside of her stir. Satoru could feel it too, but instead of taking a step back to uphold the strict rules they grew up with, he simply stood there, a wide smile playing on his lips. He was amused, both by Mikazuki's recklessness and by her sheer willpower. She really had changed.

Noticing Gojo's hard stare, Mikazuki rolled her eyes.

"If you're here to lecture me..." she began, words quickly fading as Satoru interrupted her.

"I'm here to have fun" he spoke quickly, his tone low and inviting before it took on a different playful voice "Are you familiar with the concept?" Satoru taunted.

Mikazuki opened her mouth, tongue darting out to wet her lips before she stepped back, fading back into the crowd.

"Oh, so you want to play this game?" she sneered, thrusting the already empty bottle in his hands before walking back into the dancefloor "Fine, let's play" the sorceress announced, grabbing a stranger man's hands and placing them directly on her half-exposed ass "Game on, bitch