🔹fifteen🔹

Author's POV:

Shaharyar got up with a back pain in the morning. He was not habituated to sleeping on tight mattress like this.

"Kya hua?" Noor asked.

"Back pain.. Aadat nahin hain na aise gaddo pe sone ki.." He answered.

"Hmm.. Ek kaam karo those side stretches and bends karlo, aaram milega.." Noor adviced.

"Tum thik ho? Tumhe pain nahin ho raha?"

Noor chuckled at that.

"Nahin.. Mujhe to hospital ke sofa pe sone ki aadat hain to yeh to phir bhi mattress hi hain. I am fine.."

"Waah.. Matlab tumhara back bhi bilkul tumhari tarah hi hain, rough and tough.."

Noor smiled.

##

There was a fair in the village. And everyone was too excited for it. Mahaa asked Noor and Shaharyar to join them too. Shaharyar refused at first but Noor for some was really excited to visit the fair. At last Shaharyar too accepted to the proposal.

They entered the fair and Maheem ran with Mahaa to the stalls.

"Noor tum bhi chalo?" Minal asked Noor.

"Ji appi, chale.."

Noor walked off with Minal.

Shaharyar, Sarmad and Saad thought to just roam around the field. Saad and Sarmad went off to play with the boys and asked Shaharyar too but he disagreed.

Shaharyar looked around the stalls one by one. When he suddenly he came to a jewelry stall. He saw a small cute pair of 'jhumkis'.

"Bhaijaan, yeh kitne ke diye?"

"Ye tees rupye, behen ji.."

"Are thoda to dekhle, thoda kam kar de na.."

"Behen ji, kam hi hain, aur kam nahin ho payega.."

"Are main khud school mein pad rahi hoon, itne paise main apko kahan se dun.. Thoda kam kar de na.."

"Accha theek hain, bees ke de dijiye..."

The jhumkis were too cute. Noor didn't have the heart to let them go. Noor was never fond of jewelries but she had a different kind of fascination for jhumkis and anklets. She had a collection of them. She bought them for twenty.

"Aur yeh payal.. yeh kitne ki?"

"Yeh dono milake tees rupaye.."

"Accha chale bees mein de dijiye.."

After bargaining with the vendor for quite a while, she took them in twenty-five. She was happy, very happy. Shaharyar was amused looking at the scene because this was the first time he had seen her buy a piece of jewelry and get so excited about it. He smiled to himself when he saw her contended face.

Shaharyar looked at the jhumkis hanging in front of him.

"Bhaijaan, yeh wala ek de dijiye.."

He looked at them. They were small, pretty and cute, just like she liked them. He then looked at the anklets and chose a pair from them.

"Aur yeh bhi de dijiye saath mein.."

He took the packet and put them at the back pocket of his jacket. He went to find Saad and Sarmad.

"Appi..." Noor called out to Mahaa and Minal who were standing at her front.

"Haan Noor... Kuch chahiye?"