Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

One

"I know his flight landed recently." The shaky voice of Valentina's grandmother filled her ears. Her grandmother's soft Spanish quickly jogged her memory of her native language.

"I don't understand why he has to mess everything up, mama," Valentina sniffled in the same language while sitting heavily on her couch.

"I know, mi amor," the older woman sighed. "Speak to your brother. He needs to know the situation."

"I really don't think he'll help me."

Her grandmother sighed. "He's the only family you have besides me. I know he let you down but he cares for you. You need to act quickly; we don't know what your dad will do."

Groaning loudly, Valentina bid goodbye to her sweet grandmotherPressing her forehead against the cool countertop, she sighed lowly as tears breached her water line.

"Shit," she hissed. "I'm gonna' be sick." Holding her stomach, she lurched to the sink and dry heaved.

Snagging her phone again, she opened the last text she got from her brother months ago detailing the club he'd joined in the next city over. In reality it wasn't that far; he'd been so close this whole time.

No word since then. To be fair, she did have the address, she'd just never had the balls to actually go find him.

"I might as well give up now." Valentina brushed her long, midnight tresses behind her back. Snagging a water, she retreated to bed while planning her day tomorrow to get the urgent news to her brother.

***

Sliding her scrub top off as she sat slowly in her truck, Valentina groanedShe was worn down, sweaty, and stressed. Her tightly french braided hair was borderline frizzy, and overall she felt ready to keel over. Glancing up at the sky, the midday sun beamed down at her. No time like the present. Starting up the chevy, she peeled out of the hospital parking lot.

Glancing at her phone repeatedly on the drive, Valentina worried her lip while following the GPS.

She hadn't seen Jude since he bailed on her. Would he even give her the time of day? After everything that they'd been through, Valentina thought he'd do anything for her just as she had done everything for him. Like paying for his transportation into the States, his Visa, and giving him a fucking roof over his head. All while she was graduating from nursing school! She hadn't needed to help him; no, she got out of Honduras all on her own. But now...god, now she was approaching him. In his home.

Holding in her barf while parking outside of the biker bar, she looked down at her thin, black tank top, and scrubs rolled up at her hips. A change of clothes would have been smart.

"You can do this. He'll be happy to see you, he owes you." Her voice trembled as she opened her car door. Taking a deep breath, she schooled her face and glanced at the entrance.

Just as she did, the door slammed open and a haggard drunk was thrown out.

"Don't ever show your fuckin' face here again," a deep voice snarled with the most
palpable anger she'd ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Amber eyes darted up to her. Valentina met his gaze evenly.

The man was auburn haired, a deep reddish brown that was pushed back out of his face, only slightly grown out. His skin was on the paler side. It had been marred with some scars, cutting through his one brow and his thick- trimmed beard where no hair grew. He cracked his tattooed knuckles loudly while looking her up and down.

The man was beautiful in a scary way, with all due respect. He was fucking huge, Valentina reaching a solid 5'5 while he soared past 6 foot. The broadness of his body held strong as well, making him a wall of intimidation.