The Grumpy Wolf

"So...drinks?" Violet suggested with a bright grin, ignoring Seán's warnings.

"It's like you can read my mind." He laughed and took her hand, leading her back to the bar eagerly, ordering them both a double shot of whiskey.

"So, which squishmallow you want first?"

"Well, we gotta replace that purple rabbit Christian stole."

"Yes ma'am" He grinned down at her before taking the shots from the bartender and handing her one. "Cheers..." They clinked the glasses together and threw them back before heading over to the crane machine from earlier.

"Oh my god, there's no way!" Violet exclaimed after a few attempts. "You fuckin had that!" Jack had tried four times to get her a bigger bunny with the claw giving out every time just before reaching the cubby.

"Alright, enough clownin' around." Jack drawled out with an annoyed laugh.

"Oh? You bringin' out the big guns now? Psh, bout time."

"Oh, if you think you're so great..."

"Oh, I know I'm not!" Violet laughed. "But I'm not wasting my money on every rigged game here, am I?"

"Not a waste..." She barely heard him mutter as he swiped the card again to start a new game. "Do you want god mode?" He laughed a bit.

"Oh, eh, I dunno, that makes me nervous."

"Why are you nervous?" He looked down at her half concerned and half captivated by her sudden shyness.

"Cuz if you haven't been on god mode yet..." She wasn't sure she was prepared for more of his confidence, especially after that double.

"Oh no, I mean god-mode as in I throw 'er into maintenance mode so it's easier cause this shit is rigged." He bumped the machine and laughed.

"You can do that?" She was genuinely impressed.

"Yeah... uh I was just too stubborn to do it before. Leo season or whatever the fuck Emma says." He shrugged. "But fuck it right?"

"Fuck it." She affirmed. "Work smarter, not harder, right?"

"Exactly, we've gotta stick it to that boozed up little thief." He laughed as he started quickly pushing the button and moving the stick in a unique but seemingly random pattern, causing the machine to emit a soft beep it hadn't before. "Get him where it hurts... winning you a bigger one."

"Yes, I need the biggest of mallows."

"That you do..." He muttered softly with a chuckle, stepping aside and gesturing for her to play. "You'll need to rent another space to keep 'em soon, your room will get too full." He laughed.

"At least it's not the Holiday Inn." She joked, moving in to attempt another go at the game.

"Oh my fucking god do not get me started..." He groaned out, throwing his head back and up toward the ceiling dramatically.

"Somebody's pressed." Violet snorted softly, having heard this story about 18 times already. He only started this rant when he was fairly deep into drinking, and never seemed to remember the previous times he brought it up. Violet found it hysterical and brought it up whenever she could when he got to this state.

"We At The Hotel. Motel. Holiday Inn..." He lowered his voice even deeper, a petty mocking tone taking over as he mimicked the song. "I mean are you fucking serious? He really said how do I write the most unsexy song. Filling her pipes with egg whites?" He scoffed loudly. "I'm gonna yak... profusely."