Green As The Grass

After his realisation, Will spends the entire Saturday avoiding not just Parker but everybody. It's too embarrassing. It's all just too embarrassing. To think he's only just realising it now after he's been so gooeyly obvious with his crush. Does Parker know? Did he figure it out before he himself did? Was he watching Will be a dork in front of him, amused at how stupid he looked?

He tries to calm down but he spends the whole day hyperventilating at the most random moments because in the morning, he has to deal with the fact that Parker is coming soon, then through noon it's the fact that Parker is there and then afterwards he panics about how Parker will feel about being avoided. Will takes a small peek through his window when Jonathan lets him know his weedman is leaving, not even catching the joke. When Parker looks up, hoping to catch a glimpse of his boy, Will ducks to the floor. With a small chuckle to himself, the flower boy disappears.

Will shakily raises his head to look at him, disappointed when he finds the street empty. Not fair, I missed him all day... Which was totally my fault. And mom's but mostly mine. At least while the rule is up, he doesn't have to interact with Parker and bring his shameful feelings to light. He doesn't have to be disgusting and weird and gross and clingy, he can just breathe easy hiding away in his room till its time for them to talk again.

But the next day, when Will's mother guiltily grants him access to his friend a couple of days before time, he forgets all his insecurities a moment and dashes out into the open. Parker looks to him, about to say something then closes his mouth tight, arching a brow in his direction. Will giggles prettily like the angel in human form he is and says a small "hi" with a wave. Parker's eyes instantly dart to the door but Will touches his cheek so he'll look at him again. "She's... Set us free?"

"Wh- what? Really? Are you sure?"

Will nods really quickly, sucking in a sharp gasp when Parker picks him up the floor. It's a warm moment and Will wouldn't have let go if he didn't remember they have neighbours and people would say things if they saw two boys being this physically affectionate.

"We've g-got to stop doing that."

"What? You... Aren't comfortable with being hugged by me? That's okay, I'm sorry if I crossed any boundaries, my mistake. I just assumed since we've done it before, you wouldn't mind."

"No, no," he whispers gently. Parker laxes as Will brushes a loose raven feather of his behind his ear. "I meant... Not out here. What if they think we're..."

"But we are. I mean we both are boys who can like boys, what's the crime in that."

"Parker, it's not safe."

"I wish I cared, I really do."

"You can't not care. Everyone cares about things like that! We could get hurt or... Or worse..."

"I can take em, I'm always ready to swing a punch."

"You're silly."

"I'm serious. Fuck them all. Every last one. Wanna kiss to prove it?"

OH MY GOD.

"Parker, Will, get in! It's gonna rain!" Will blinks at Parker who has a confused look on his face. He realises he hasn't responded all this while and tries to speak, but stops when the rain starts to fall. It's so sudden he is frozen in spot, grabbing Parker's wrist. Parker grips his back, a small quirked smile on his lips.

"Parky...? What is it?"

"I missed you. Don't want to share you right now." Will has never witnessed his pout, before. It's the cutest thing he's ever seen. He can feel himself crumbling to Parker's will, quite ready to throw himself on a bike when his mother calls again from inside.