The Stripper and The Hot Badass

I print out the picture of Annabelle and place it on my study desk before heading off to my wardrobe and figuring out what to wear to school tomorrow. I sit on my bed, staring out the window to our street. Soon my legs become sore from sitting Indian style for such a long time. My neck throbs in pain as I strain my head from side to side. I unwind my legs and stretch them out, rotating my feet in circles. I sigh and lay back on my bed. I gaze endlessly at the ceiling, losing myself within the brush strokes. 

After some time, the garage door opens. Soon I hear their voices downstairs. I decide to wait in my room for a bit. I know they'll stay out of my way because of my hangover. Someone knocks on my door and opens it. I offer dad a small smile. 

"Hello." He says softly. "Feeling better?" 

I give him a small smile, "I've had worse." 

"Yeah. I can tell." He comes inside and instantly scrunches up his nose. 

"It reeks aye?" 

He nods and sits down on the bed beside me, "You want to eat something?" 

I shake my head, "I just had some left over Chinese." 

"Oh." 

I hit him on the arm, "How was your day?" 

"Good. Yeah it was great. What did you get up to?" 

"Researching the creep that lives next door." 

Dad's eyes darken for a moment, "I can't believe he leaves next door. Sometimes I think its best we move." 

I bite my lip and get the photo from my study desk. I stand in front of him and warn him, "I want to show you something but promise me you won't do anything stupid." 

"Alright," I love it how dad can be so chill at times. "Show me." I put the picture next to my face. What comes out of his mouth next are things I believed I'd never hear him say in his life. Mum comes rushing into the room and pales when she sees the photograph. It's as if she's seen the face of the devil. 

Dad says something under his breath before snatching the photograph out of my hand and storming out of my room. I'm about hurrying after him when mum grabs my arm. I want to tell her to let me go when she says, "Leave your father alone." 

"Why?" I retort, fearing he'll do something stupid that will land him in a jail cell. 

She looks me in the eye and replies, "There are some things you don't know about. Let your father handle this. He knows what he's doing. Someday you'll know the truth." 

And with that, she walks away, slamming the door behind her.  

                                                                            ******* 

David has a habit of pulling pranks. 

In year eight, he somehow invited a stripper to school for the career's day talk. What happened next ruined everyone's mind. She stripped in front of the entire year group. I still can't remove the image of her strip dancing from my mind, and I must mention her tits were huge! 

In year nine, he exposed the vice principal for shagging three year twelve in the back toilets and selling crack to the year nine and ten students. David was originally paid to keep it quiet, but this is David we're talking about. The entire school found out. The vice principal lost his job, teaching license and is in jail right now.  

Year ten saw David pull off the biggest prank in high school history in the middle of May. He and his "mates" let off thirty stink bombs in school. Door knobs were coated in Vaseline, so it was hard to get out of the classroom. Pigs and Chickens were released into the hallways and they threw toilet paper everywhere causing chaos, not to mention the girls shrieking like dying cats.