Act 2

♪ Please... ♪

*Phone buzzing*

Candice: So, wait, you just bought a house by yourself, waived inspections...

Kenta: Yeah, you know, when you say it like that, sounds like a terrible idea.

Candice: No, I was gonna say it sounds like a very mature idea. Can barely keep track of my flat keys.

Kenta: Oh, my God, right? *Pulls out something* That's why I got one of these things.

Candice: Is that Gigantisaurus?

Kenta: I-I was gonna say it's a-a keychain tracker to help you locate your keys, but yeah. You know Gigantisaurus?

Candice: The greatest Godzilla knock-off the world has ever seen. Are you kidding?

Kenta: I can't... yeah. I can't believe that you've seen it.

*Phone buzzes*

Kenta: *Declines call* I thought I was, like, the only one. Um... Should probably just bring this back to the case. Um, Commander Murdock?

Candice: Yeah, I, uh, saw him last night. He wasn't mingling. He seemed a bit off.

Kenta: Huh.

Candice: That's probably why I thought he was a spy. Then, I might've gotten a bit carried away.

Kenta: How-how so?

Candice: I took a video of him speaking to some guy. Weird, right?

Kenta: That's super weird. Yes. But, honestly, it could be incredibly helpful. Can I see the video?

Candice: Totally. It's on my phone.

Kenta: Oh, great.

*Phone buzzing*

Candice: *Realizes* Oh, except I left it in my room.

Kenta: Uh, that's... okay. *Grabs his phone* I'm sorry. I should... really take this.

Candice: Sure.

Kenta: *Answers* What is it? I'm busy.

Rayet (Through the phone): You two look like you're going to prom. Nine o'clock, act natural.

Kenta: *Turns to where Rayet is*

♪ Get close to me with his eyes... ♪

Kenta: *Mutters to himself* Hey, Mom. Kind of in the middle of something right now.

Rayet (Through the phone): Listen, you're not the only one she's working. She's after the Globe Doc.

Kenta: What in the heck is that?

Rayet (Through the phone): You don't need to know what that is right now. All you need to know is that Murdock was a spy. Your "girlfriend" probably killed him to make sure that he couldn't get documents that would essentially bust nearly every laundering bad guy in the world.

Kenta: That's wonderful to hear, Mom.

Rayet: Call me "Mom" one more time, I'm gonna put my boot so-

Kenta: *Hangs up before Rayet could finish her threat* Would you give me a second? *Leaves* I'm gonna get the check.

Candice: Okay.

Kenta: *Approaches Rayet* Would it hurt you to not threaten someone with the thought shoving your boot-

Rayet: Just cut to the point. Forget what I said earlier. I was venting.

Kenta: ... (You've got a funny way of venting.) She's got a video of Murdock up in her room.