Standing Up

"Hey where's Dorkster?" A bully asks as everyone is outside playing dodge ball the following Monday.

"We must've scared him off good." Another bully says as he laughs.

"Yeah." Another bully says.

"Will you stop calling him that? He isn't a dork." Alexis says angrily.

"Aww look. His little girlfriend is gonna stand up for him when he isn't even here." One of the bullies says as he laughs.

"Get her!" The bullies shout.

"Hey!" Alexis shouts in alarm as she gets hit with balls before getting knocked to the ground.

"Alexis! You lookin' for me?" A voice asks revealing to be Dexter in a large suit.

"Looks like he finally decided to show up." A bully says before Dexter looks at Alexis.

"Get away from my best friend!" Dexter shouts angrily.

"And who's gonna make us. You?" A bully asks as he laughs.

"That's right." Dexter says determinedly.

"Let's get him!" The bullies shout as they try to throw balls at Dexter only for it to back fire on them as he catches the balls with his suit.

"Now, it's my turn. Who wants some?" Dexter asks before he hits the boys with balls as he then goes over to Alexis.

"Dexter. Wow. You made that?" Alexis asks in surprise as Dexter helps her up.

"As a matter of fact I did. Anyway are you alright? I saw you stand up for me. You didn't have to do that. I'm also sorry they teased you for it." Dexter says guiltily.

"Why? I'm not. I'd stand up for any of my friends. Especially if... well if I like them." Alexis says while blushing.

"Wait. You like me?" Dexter asks in surprise.

"Yeah. Why do you think I didn't correct them when they called me your girlfriend? It's where I like you." Alexis says shyly before Dexter smiles.

"Wow. I like you too Alexis... Hey um would you want to come over later after school? I promise no inventing. Just us hanging out." Dexter says as he smiles.

"You don't have to make promises Dexter. I like helping you in the lab. But yes I would like that." Alexis says as she smiles.