The Guardian Project- part one?

T/W: implied: self sacrifice, end of the world/if we don't do this the bad guys will win vibes

"They are coming." A strange humanoid being said, their voice low and raspy. "I know." A second voice said, this one more feminine, but still low. The two were standing in a dark room, lit only by a single dim redstone torch, so that all you could see was the silhouettes of the two figures. The female voice had a purple halo, and the male voice had a golden one, both slowly spinning around the figure's heads at an angle. 

"Will our plan work?" The first voice said, their tone serious. "I don't know. If it does, then we won't live to see it." The second one said, voice resigned to their fate. Either they died at the hands of them, probably after considerable torture, or they died in the completion of their project. A project that would hopefully do what they could not. 

"It's not fair," The first voice said, close to tears. "He's just a boy, just a kid. He doesn't deserve this."  "No one does." The second voice responds, also holding back tears. 

With that, the two hug, their magic, gold and purple mixing together in a marble-like pattern, soon joined by green, red, pink, white, blue, all the colors of the visible world, and colors that no creature can see, nor describe. 

Slowly, the light from their halos dims, turning into a lifeless grey that immediately brings up images of death, before the halos disappear completely, crumbling into ash along with the bodies of the two silhouettes. 

Maybe, in a different universe, the two might have lived. Maybe they might have loved, been lovers. But there is no use dwelling on such things. After all, every story has to start somewhere. And this one starts in a long forgotten basement of a long forgotten house in a long abandoned neighborhood in a long war-ridden world.

309 words. Maybe(?) a part two. Idk.