Chapter 32: REMATCH

Chapter 32: Rematch

As the announcement of the start of the Grand League concluded, the stadium's screen displayed the matchups.

What was shown shocked Ash, causing his pupils to contract in surprise.

In chronological order:

Lorelei vs Flint

Red vs Misty

Karen vs Green

Skyla vs Blue

Bruno vs Bea

Lisia vs Agatha

Grant vs Ilima

Lance vs Clair

Gary smirked upon knowing who his opponent was.

"That's…," Blue muttered as she recognized Skyla.

And finally, Ash turned towards his upcoming opponent.

"Well… looks like it's the end of your journey, Ash," Misty began.

"I can guarantee this won't be like a Gym battle."

The raven-haired boy recalled her desire for a rematch against Lorelei and gave a forced grin.

"Y- yeah! That's what I want!" Ash responded, fumbling a little.

And the opening ceremony ended.

Early dawn, Ash was on a pillar looking over Indigo Plateau. The young Trainer then looked back on his Kanto journey.

"Look, Pikachu, Charizard! What an amazing view!" Ash exclaimed to his two starters.

"How long has it been since we've said goodbye to Pallet Town?" he asked to no one.

"Since our promise to Green?"

His fingers drifted towards his treasured locket.

"Since I last saw her?"

And Ash chuckled.

"Well, at least I know she's watching."

Just then, the Trainer's now upgraded PrelimPass, the LeaguePass, rang as new information about the Grand League arrived.

As Ash pulled out the device and read the contents, he was surprised at what was written. The Fifth Grand League, now titled Festival of Champions, had new rules for the first time in the event's history.

For the entire duration of the event, all Pokémon are allowed to use every move they were had learnt without restrictions. The reasoning for such a drastic change was simply to put on an amazing display of Pokémon battles.

However, for the competitors, this meant there would be no need to lose their heads over which four moves to use during battle. A blessing for the Trainers.

The second notification was about the first match, Flint vs Lorelei. Prompting Ash to fly on Charizard to the stadium to watch the match.

A field terrain was present and a Flareon fainted in the middle.

"Kuh! Go, Rapidash!" Flint cried out.

The red afro was already on his last Pokémon while Lorelei still had her Lapras out on the field, never needing to switch. The score was now 2 to 0, causing Flint to sweat.