M I S T Y ~~ Chapter 21: Cheaters Never Win

M I S T Y

For the love of God!

Rand, did you just have to copy my answers?

I hate cheaters.

Rand was being such a snob during the physics final, which I aced, and unfortunately helped Rand ace as well. She was peeking at every single one of my answers that I filled in and copied all of them down, from A to B to C to D (and sometimes, to E).

What was even more annoying was that when I covered my answers, she stomped my foot. Girl...ow, that hurt.

So even with Rand bothering me during the big test, I still felt like I aced it.

And then I had art class in the afternoon. Not that there were finals for art.

So in terms of my exams, that's one down, three more to go.

One more for Spanish, another for history, and another for calc. For language arts I had nothing other than a final essay, which I'd already done.

Then I could just chill my whole winter break. (Chill, get it?)

OK, I'm not that funny.

But who cares? I was more happy than not. Which was a plus! Yay!

The last two days of school for the year were basically just party days.

We had a potluck in physics class, and I brought chocolate pudding. The table was piled with food after realizing everyone brought stuff. However, right before the potluck, we got our exams back.

The teacher told us to pick up our scantrons at the front of the classroom.

I found mine with a smiley face and 70/70 printed on it. Full score. Yay!! But that meant Rand got a full score too - but when I glanced at her, she surprisingly didn't seem very happy. Maybe even a little confused.

After everyone grabbed theirs Mrs. Strauss said, "So there were two versions of this test. I don't know if you noticed, but there's a tiny A or a tiny B on the top of your test and your scantron. The answers for both of them were different, with the order questions mixed up. I handed it out so that the students next to each other had different tests - in case anyone cheated. Which is why one of you copied all the wrong answers for your own test and got a zero."

I couldn't believe it! That meant that Rand got a zero from cheating off of me.

I looked over at Rand. She was looking down. In shame, I suppose.

"Who?" asked Edward.

"I won't name names," said Mrs. Strauss. "But whoever did it knows who they are."

I looked down at my 100%, which felt very nice. Then trying to contrast it to Rand's big fat zero did actually make me feel bad for her, but she did kind of get what she deserved.

I found Rand glaring at me from across the classroom. She pulled a face at me, and the words were written all over her face saying, This isn't over. Like she would pay me back for it or something.

But how was it even my fault?

I ignored Rand's stink eye the rest of the period. She was giving me one of those creepy 'hairy eyeball' looks. One of those looks that could kill.

And then I saw that Rick actually managed to squeeze by with a 53/70, which wasn't that bad for him at all. That was enough to allow him to pass. That relieved me. At least I didn't fail him as a tutor.

Either way, I did stuff myself with lots of junk food after that.

Nom nom nom.

~~~