c h a p t e r 1

Thor and Jane were in the middle of a romantic midgardian date at an italian restaurant when the clouds broke into a heavy downpour. Now, if they were just a simple couple, that would have never been a weird occurrence, but no. Thor was, after all the Norse god of the sky and he should have known a wet weather at the night of their date. As usual, Jane noticed it first.

As the asgardian god in front of her twirled his fork on the pasta that was just served, Jane Foster noticed the droplets of rain from the outside. She furrowed her eyebrows, the love of her life had already told her the sky's going to be clear for the night, but she just brushed it off with a shrug and continued to eating her salad.

Then the droplets were heavier and started to fall faster. Everyone in the restaurant's attention turned outside the glass windows that made up one whole wall, just left of Jane Foster's and Thor Odinson's table. Even the god was now confused and curious. It seems as something outside caught his attention, making his features crumple with worry.

"Thor?" Jane asked in her sweet but strong voice. "Is there something wrong?"

The said man abruptly stood up, his chair screeching backwards in the hard floor, making some look at him with interest. Some eyes widen, realizing the Avenger standing beneath their eyes.

Thor clenched his jaw, "Jane stay here." Before briskly walking towards the exit. His voice held authority despite the knowing fact that Jane, being the stubborn one that she was, would follow him nevertheless. And Jane did, grabbing her new satchel she bought for the now disturbed occasion. She dug through it and grabbed a hundred dollar bill and placed it on the table before hurrying on her burgundy heels and on towards the exit.

As soon as she was out in the open, she walked towards Thor only to shiver not from the sudden cold atmosphere but from what caught Thor's attention in the first place.

It was somehow a carving, on the concrete asphalt. The cars that would have been passing on the drawing's place were strewn across the road haphazardly. Jane placed a slender hand across Thor's suit covered arm. As if on instant, it morphed into his royal armor. Something he only does in times of crisis and this was definitely a time of crisis because the carving says it all.

Two snakes, circling one another to form an 'S' shape, and biting the tail of the other.

Now, this symbol belongs to one person across the Nine Realms only, and it was Loki.

"Avengers, assemble. We've got Code Z! I repeat, we have Code Z. Everyone get suited up and head to Sheep Meadow in Central Park."

Natasha Romanoff visibly cringed at the sudden sound from her earpiece that she seems to have forgotten to take off after her mission lat night. It was Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, saying in a loud yet calm voice the current situation. She shut her eyes but stretched out her arm to grab the black metal device and placing it on her ear.

"Code Z?" Tony's voice exclaimed incredulously. "What? We got another alien on Earth?"

There was a sigh, then the sound of a motorcycle starting up. "Yes Stark, and Furt assigned us to meet her. She smells like trouble."

That was all the Avengers needed to know before it all became a blur. The two master assassins started to suit up from their rooms in the Stark tower. The Iron Man shoots up to the sky, gold and red armor ready for the unexpected. The soldier out of time, already suited up with shield and his vintage motorcycle zooming through the streets. Dr. Banner, calmy waiting on a yellow cab with the New York traffic at his side.