RAUL, IT WAS ME

MEDITATION- HOSEA 11
August 11, 2004 12:00Noon
(Just another scattered thoughts)

RAUL, IT WAS I WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO WALK:
​For me this is one of the most striking images in the text. I imagine the Lord, like a mother, with all His patience exercising my limbs, feet and muscles so that I may learn how to walk. He is there also caressing me with love, and most of all, sacrificing everything for me.
​The Lord took me in His arms, full of promises, assurances and protection. He never allowed my fragile self to be destroyed, knowing how vulnerable my body is.

I have full but creative imagination of the Lord, picking me up where I could do nothing, and with all His love and attention, poured on me what is lacking in my life. ​The Father took care of my fragile soul and nourished it with spiritual food. He used people, events and other expressions of love. Compared to a little child, my soul is completely dependent on Him. I could do nothing, like a very defenceless child- very vulnerable, or else I would die without their care.

​Yet, there were moments that my soul drifted away from Him, choosing the wrong way of life, following my personal and selfish desires. Many times, I chose to do things on my own, though they seemed really impossible. Yet, as I moved away, the Lord followed me even to the dangerous path of my life. He searched me and scrutinized my inmost part.