27

Namjoon was starting to sober up sitting in front of Sunho. Normally, he would invade your space and cling to your side to feel closer and more comfortable, but with the latter staring at him, he had to restrain himself from getting too close.

"So, how did this..." Sunho pauses, gesticulating with his hand between you and Namjoon while maintaining eye contact with the man beside you. You're not sure why you're nervous for your boyfriend when his expression was anything but.

Namjoon is undeniably the most confident and well-spoken person in your life, and he has proven time and again that he can bring anyone together if he so wanted. It's the way your younger brother looks at him as if he were the man of the house (although that was your father's job). You've only really seen him act like this with Sooya when she was pregnant with the twins.

You still remember when that asshole left your sister with no explanation, Sunho did great damage to his car. Ruined the tires and everything.

It was your idea, but he carried it out.

The remnants - a filed case report that was discarded. His family was in politics. Said they didn't want any problems, so they decided against it.

A cough causes you to turn your head toward the man sitting to your right. Namjoon, who had stopped chewing his Naengmyeon to look at you, gives you a puzzled look.

"How did the two of you come to realize your feelings for each other?"

You forgot that Sunho knew about you two - not everything about the fast progress of your relationship with Namjoon, but the fact that you both liked each other. At least in your case. Your exact words were, "we're trying it out," and that it was more than just a "boss and employee" relationship.

"Uh, can we not?" You warn Sunho with a hopeful tone. Your eyes find Namjoon's as you squeeze his hand beneath the table, unaware of the clear vision your brother had in his peripheral. "We haven't really talked about it... y'know."

Namjoon places his glass of water back on the table and swallows the liquid down his throat. "Wait, ba - Y/N," he stops himself abruptly.

"Then let's talk about it now," Sunho suggests, his eyes focusing on Namjoon. "Settle this for good. Dad's not here, but I am," he pauses to look at you. "I'm sure he'd love to know what you're up to, Noona."

"Sunho," your tone becomes more vehement, clearly disagreeing. You have no idea where he's going with this or what he's trying to accomplish by sticking his nose into your business. "Let's have dinner first. Please."

As Sunho narrows his eyes, silence falls over the room. He never looks at you, instead pushing himself out of his chair in an oddly timid manner. "I don't think I should stay the night," Sunho says slowly, his gaze drawn to the door.

Namjoon places a hand on your knees and squeezes when he notices your frown deepening.

"Sunho, sit down," you order, to no avail. He's already moving across the room to retrieve his bag from the kitchen floor. His plate stays untouched as you watch him with gloom on your face. "You came all the way to Seoul just to leave like this?"

"Looks like I came at the wrong time. I didn't know you were expecting anyone."

"Look, I didn't know-"

"I'll stay at a friend's," he replies flatly as he stands in front of the door. "You don't have to worry about me, I'm not a kid anymore." Namjoon, like the person that he is, stands from his seat and trails with uneasiness on his face. He doesn't like seeing you like this. Helpless.

He doesn't know where this all started and he isn't sure if this is something that should stay between the both of you, but he just wants to try and fix things between you and your brother.