CHAPTER 9

Suddenly the driver hit a bumper and as Rose was leaning towards her and looking at pictures through her iPad, she fell on top of Maria. While Maria fell back on the seat.

Rose didn't realize that she was on top of someone, she was still in the shock of the news. The only thing that was going through her head was the word 'girlfriend'. And as cliché as it may sound, she smells of floral.

"How are you so unaware?" Maria thought as her head lay on her chest comfortably. Maria's beautiful sensual eyes staring at her while she was in her own world.

Rose finally moved her head up to look at Maria and said.

"Oh so I have to act being your girlfriend.." Rose says innocently being too close to a queer woman's face. Maria's eyes fell on her lips then back to her eyes.

"Yes..and are you planning to get up or not?" Maria asks with a playful smirk. Rose being embarrassed, immediately sits up right.

"I am so sorry I-"

"That's fine"

"Sorry madame, that was a difficult one to see" The chauffer says.

"However Miss. Chua-" Rose flinches when Maria gives a scary stare. "I mean Maria...how can I act to be your girlfriend, I know nothing about you"

"Why did you take up the job when you don't have the skills?" Maria says being kind of annoyed.

Rose was sad. Maria was saying nothing wrong. Was she gonna ask this question if it was something else? Of course Maria is not going to serve it to her, she has to figure it out herself. She was not taking it seriously till now. And she is not able to capture Maria's heart yet to go easy on her.

"Oh no..I had totally forgotten about the dress" Maria suddenly says worried.

"Mia, what are you doing?!" Maria asks a rhetorical question on call. Rose was just observing silently.

"What am I missing??"

"You haven't made her change yet" Maria says frustrated. Was she going to keep tracks of these small things now?

"Oh fuck! How could I?-Sorry Maria, I will see if I can find an outlet on the way" Mia apologizes on call. She was in the car, right behind theirs.

"You know I don't like wasting time. This should have been done beforehand"

"Yes it won't happen again, I had totally forgotten about her. There's an YSL outlet on the way"

"Ah those cheap dresses..fine let's stop there" Maria says frustrated.

"Did she just call YSL cheap??" Rose thought disbelieving.

They stopped at a YSL outlet as planned. Rose had never ever been in one out of embarrassment, not even to just window-shop.

"Which one do you like?" Maria asks not much interested at the store. Everything was mostly boring for her. She hated the brand to her guts.

"I think this high-slit gown would look gorgeous on you" Rose answered. Maria furrowed her eyebrows for a second, turned to look at her face and then answered now making an eyecontact.

"Darling, we are shopping for you"

"For me? In this store?" Rose asked.

"Who else then? Mia, get her whatever she wants, make it quick" Maria says giving her black card to Mia and going back inside the car. The store was suffocating her and she wasn't in her best mood.