thirty-six

“Good morning, honey”, Harry whispers into my ear and kisses my cheek, “Wake up, it’s past ten. I’m bored to death.”

I open my eyes just so I can roll them before closing them again. “You annoy me.”

“I’m your boyfriend.”

“First of all, maybe I’ll rethink that choice and secondly, you still annoy me.”

Harry kisses my cheek, kisses and kisses it until I have to open my eyes and shove him away with both of my hands.

“Lou”, he whispers and traces my lip with his finger, “Please, at least kiss me.”

I roll my eyes but he pouts, ever so cutely so that I do pull him in until our chests are pressed together and kiss him once.

“I love you.”

“Would be weird if that had changed yesterday.”

“I’m leaving”, he says, pressing his lips together in an attempt to look serious, “You’re officially the most unromantic person on earth.”

I grab his upper arm and pull him back in so he’s halfway on top of me before I kiss him again properly this time.

“I love you too, of course.”

“You’re so beautiful, Louis”, he whispers, “I never want to let go of you again.”

“Then don’t, please. Don’t ever let go, I’d appreciate that.”

He grins against my lips and nods. “Alright.”

“Fancy getting some breakfast at a cafe? I was too lazy today, thought we could celebrate the last day of break for you.”

I nod. We both get ready for going outside before we leave, hand in hand. When arriving at our door, I pull my hand out of his.

“Don’t. Boyfriends, remember?”

“Do remember. Doesn’t mean we have to show in public, Harry. However you want to.”

“I do want to hold your hand right now, babe.”

“Okay.”
I think I could jump with how happy I am. He’s the bravest person I know.

I don’t jump I just press his hand twice, very firmly.

Once we arrived at the cafe and ordered our breakfast, I lean back in my seat and smile into the sun happily.

“Imagine you actually going to uni with me next year.”

He chuckles excitedly. “I’d really like that. God, if it wasn’t for you, Louis, I probably never would’ve made it. I wouldn’t be here, maybe not even alive, I never would’ve  been able to get an actual work and to study. I owe you so much.”

“Shut up”, I say and kick into his shin with my foot under the table, “Don’t talk like that. You owe me nothing, baby. Not at all.”

He shrugs. “Okay. I love you.”
And then he’s leaning over the table, pecking my lips once and I hear someone yelling loudly.

“Oh my god”, Niall shouts, “I fucking knew it.”

He laughs loudly as he passes our table, Harry having pulled away, blushing deeply.

“What the hell are you doing here?”, I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“Getting groceries”, he says, lifting up two big plastic bags to prove his point, “So you’re a thing then?”

“Boyfriends”, Harry mumbles, cheeks still pink and it might be the cutest thing he ever did. I think maybe you could use his glowing eyes as a flashlight in the dark.

“Hah”, Niall says, “Amelia owes me twenty. Thought Harry didn’t like you back.”

I roll my eyes and Harry laughs before Niall waves and disappears around a corner.

Harry’s still blushing deeply once Niall’s gone and hides his face in his hands.

“You’re so adorable."

“I’m so embarrassing”, he mumbles into his hands, “The way I said boyfriends, oh my fucking God, I sounded like a little kid.”

“Boyfriends”, I whisper, “It’s just really nice to say, isn’t it?”

“Feels like ice cream melting on the tongue.”

I laugh and cup his cheeks before leaning over the table to kiss him again.

Someone clears their throat and I pull away to see the waitress patiently waiting for us.

“Oh, sorry”, I say and we both burst into laughter, “We keep embarrassing us, god.”

Harry’s still hiding his face in his hands and the waitress just laughs. “You’re so cute together”, she says, “No worries at all. I have the bagels.”

“Thank you”, Harry says and tries not to laugh again before she’s leaving.

“Heard that?”, I ask, “We are cute together.”

“I do agree. Pretty cute.”

We eat our bagels without talking too much and look at each other every now and then, smiling when we find the other already staring.

It feels like I'm the luckiest person on earth to be able to sit here with him, to know we've come so far since that day I first offered him to come home with me.

Home. Our flat feels more like home than it has ever before and I still can't comprehend the fact how I managed to live alone for more than two years. It must've been so lonely, now that I think about it.

Once we’re back home, we sit down on the balcony, cuddling on the couch. I lift Harry’s shirt up once again because I really can’t stop staring at the butterfly on his chest.

“What do we do with it?”, I ask, “Do we let it go?”

He smiles. “I’ll keep it for a bit. As a memory. A backup for when you can’t be there.”

“I’ll always be there, baby.”

“Good. Very good.”

I nod against his chest. “Remember when you said you’d give me all the butterflies in the world?”, he asks.

I nod again.
“I think I don’t need them. I know you love me. I don’t need a prove. I don’t need any butterflies except for the one on my chest to heal my visible scars and you, to heal my inner scars. Sounds good?”

“Pretty good, yes. I’ll heal them scarred wings.”

“And then we’ll fly together. With healed ones.”

I nod. “We’ll fly so high that all the butterflies are just tiny spots below us anymore.”

“And then we’ll watch them while they’re in our tummies and on my chest.”

“There will be butterflies everywhere.”

~~~

this was the last chapter ;-;

you'll get a short epilogue later today<3