Chapter 2

Red

Red walked walked calmly into the village. The place was coming to life as people opened their windows and shops for the day. Everyone knew who she was by the red hood and some said friendly hellos to her like the Horace the village baker or Mr. Lewis the bookseller. Others ignored her like snobby girls who were always walking around town, acting as if the owned the place. Everyone mainly seemed to be talking about the Spring Festival, which would be happening a week from now.

Red politely waved back but always kept hood up and covering face, that way there was less chance of interacting with others. She just kept her gaze focused on the horizon above, Camelot Castle on a hill, very small because it was very, very far away in the capital.

As she was walking by one of the buildings she noticed a strange poster nailed to the wall. Curious, she went a little closer and saw that it was a wanted poster (such as for criminals). On it was a picture of seven little grotesque figures with sharp teeth, long nails, and black soulless eyes. It said: Wanted: Alive: Seven Hideous Little Green Trolls For Abating of A Wanted Criminal. Please turn over to the Prince of the Kingdom of Ordinaria; Reward: 1,000 Gold Coins.

Red just rolled her eyes and continued on her way, not interested in the poster said or the reward offered. For she and everyone knew that Prince of Ordinaria, going by the name of Prince Average, was unpopular and a total loser and anything notice or news sent out by him were nothing special and went mainly ignored. Especially now, since it looked as if he completely lost his mind from that poster, if not before. For as long as Red knew there were no such green trolls in all of Fairytale Island. Blue, purple, or stone-colored yes, but definitely not green, which was more fitting of an ogre or a goblin. Plus, trolls would never help a human, criminal or no, and instead tear them limb from limb.

So she continued on, passing by the bakery. There Mr. Farley was talking to Mr. Green, the innkeeper. "Do you think the rumors are true. That the F7 have finally returned?"

Red stopped as she heard the mention of the F7, curious to hear more.

"It has to be," said Mr. Green confidently.
"After all Merlin returned, so why not the rest of them as well."

"I hope so, especially since our own prince is one of them and he is next in line to rule after all."

Red sighed. To be honest she felt it would be better if Prince Arthur and playboyish ways stayed gone for good, for he seemed unfit to to rule at all. However, the whole kingdom adored him and went into despair (the King and Queen most of all) when news came of the F7's disappearance. So, she secretly kind of hoped that the jerk would return and take his rightful place as heir again. Besides, he was a little better than his younger brother, Phillip, who was only 15 and was rumored to be a bit brooding and intimidating.

She was soon brought our of her thoughts when the Mr. Farley noticed and called out to her.

"Oh, good morning Red," he said.

"Oh good morning Mr. Farley," she replied back. "You too Mr. Green."

"It's unusual seeing walking into town early this early in the morning on your own," commented Mr. Green. "I hope everything's ok with your mother and Grandmother."

"Oh don't worry," she assured them. "I am just going on ahead to open the shop. They will around shortly. In fact, it's best if I get going right now before any customers show up. Good day to you both."

With that she started walking again. She soon came across the dress shop and boutique,  where she saw a group of girls hanging around and chatting. Tilting her head so she was looking at her feet, she walked silently by, hoping to avoid eye contact. Girls like these just looked down on her and made fun because she wore plain style of clothing, didn't wear makeup, and drove guys away. Luckily they didn't notice her, or if they did they just chose to ignore it.