Chapter 15

•••Y/ns POV•••

Near the end of dinner, Alma wanted to make a quick announcement before the movie.

"Alright, now everyone pay attention. I have an announcement to make and it will only take a minute." She says and looks over when she hears Enoch.

"Why, are you in a hurry?" He asks.

"No, I was referring to your relatively short attention spans." She replies before turning back to every one.

"Now, Alex will be staying for about two or more days until he can continue his journey to find his old loop. Mr Portman, he will be staying with you in the guest bedroom." She says making me wonder where I would be staying. "Y/n I will speak with you then." She adds as if she read my mind. I jumped a little when I felt a hand rest against the side of my leg and I glance over at him. He gives me a small grin that hid more than what he was showing. I dig my nails into the palm of my hand as I felt his hand and try to focus on Miss Peregrine. The tablecloth, oh that's a nice tile on the wall. I felt my breathing shallow in and I force myself to forget about everything. I go to take a drink as I shove his hand off and go to take a sip but suddenly he brings it back over, startling me with his grip and I choke on my water.

"Are you alright?"

I stand quickly with the drink and head out of the kitchen, not answering Emma when I do. I felt like my mind couldn't slow down, I can't help but keep thinking of-no stop, stop thinking about that. I pinch the bridge of my nose, frustrated. It's bothering me and I'm too pathetic to deal with it.

"Y/n, why have you been acting like this?" I hear Almas voice scold me from the side of the kitchen. "We have a guest, be polite while he's here." I bite the bottom of my lip. Say it y/n, now's your chance.

But I can't. The words stay in as my throat closes up and I can't do anything about it. Miss Peregrine walks off, possibly getting the others ready for the movie. I don't want to go, I want to stay away from him. I don't want to see him.

"Y/n." Emma comes up from behind and I was surprised to see Enoch and Millard behind her. She stood by the doorway and when I looked over she walked towards me. "We all can clearly tell something is odd with Alex. At least, we hope that's correct." She says and I glance down. "We want to help, but if we get in trouble we need another plan." She tries to joke, but it fails. "Is there anything you want us to do?"

Yes, many things. But that would involve them and I can't do that. This is my own problem. I glance back towards her and shake my head before leaving the room. I can't involve anyone else.

What if they would get hurt too?
~~~~~~~~~~

Things are getting ✨s p i c y✨