My Outcomes (Chapter 3)

“Don't say a word” Andy blurted out quickly as she walked into the beanery. 

“Huh” Travis hummed, confusion spread across his face as he sat at the kitchen island eating a bowl of cereal. Vic stood beside him, also very confused. Logan and Ben were at the kitchen table eating their breakfast while Jack and Dean were in the lounge watching the local news. 

Not even thirty seconds later, Maya jolts in. A frustrated look on her face, her bag still slung over her shoulder and she wasn't in her uniform. She dropped her bag at the edge of the kitchen island as she grabbed a couple of fruits from the fruit bowl. “Is everything okay cap?” Travis spoke, which gained a death stare from Andy. 

“No I'm not, cause someone not very reliable, was late getting up” Maya exclaims whilst sharply looking at Andy. “And I don't have any caffeine in me, or my smoothie, so no Montgomery, I am not okay” She explained as the room went quiet. Everyone shared looks of shock and smiles, while Andy mouthed the words 'I told you not to say anything’ to Travis. 

“I made a fresh pot of coffee” Logan spoke up from the kitchen table as she ate from her plate of food. Maya jerked her head to Logan before returning her view back to Andy. 

“See, reliable” Maya stated with her finger pointed out to Logan. ”Thank you Logan” She thanked before giving Andy a smug smile which then Andy sarcastically raised her hands in defence. 

Whilst Maya was throwing fruits into the blender and different protein ingredients, the beanery door swung over, followed by Carina and Miranda Bailey. Greetings were shared and conversations were started, but Maya kept to herself. She blended up her smoothie and poured it into a glass.

She usually loves when Dr Bailey would come around cause she loves how much she belittles Ben. 

Ben when he's at the station is known as the dad of the group, they literally call him dad. But when his wife is around, she exposes him for who he truly is and the group finds it hilarious. 

“What are you doing here, I thought you were paged” Maya overheard Logan say to Carina.

Maya went to take the blender to the sink but caught a glimpse of Logan laying a chaste kiss on Carinas lips. Maya honestly doesn't know why it disgusted her so much, maybe it was because it was at the station and nobody needed to see that? But then again, both Ben and Miranda kiss and Maya thinks it adorable. 

“I'm just gonna, get some coffee” Carina said to Logan, which was followed by a smile and Logan letting go of her hand when Carina walked further away. As she got closer to the pot of coffee, Maya got visibly more uncomfortable. Even her technique of washing up got crooked and uneven. “Hey,” Carina greeted, trying to make eye contact with the blonde.

“Hey” Maya said without looking at Carina, she just hyper focused on the dirty blender in her hands.

Carina quickly scanned the room by looking over her shoulder. “Can we talk?” She asked with a whisper, which caused Maya to look at her confused. 

“No” Maya replied coldly as she continued to rinse the blender under the tap. 

“I'm sorry about the other day, I didn't mea-” 

“You do know, no means no right?” Maya rhetorically asked while looking at Carina from the side. She stacked the blender on the drying rack before quickly drying off her hands with a hand towel. She unintentionally threw the towel down a little too hard, getting the attention of a couple of people. She then grabbed both her smoothie and coffee before leaving the beanery with her bag slung over her shoulder. Carina stood there with her head down for a second before plastering on a smile, pouring herself a coffee and returning to sit next to Logan.