ᴄʜᴀᴘ 1 -ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴍɪʟᴋ-

Once again, My life was bullying me. I was boredly walking down the sidewalk with a pair of ear buds on. I wasn't listening to any music though, I was just avoiding any type human interaction that could happen right now. Mainly because of my appearance. Of course I got stares and a couple of rude people pointing at me but at least no one was talking to me.

I honestly couldn't blame them though, I mean, I look like some kind of weird alien creature that decided to descend from the moon for a bit to go on my evening stroll.

'Dangit, I should have brought my jacket.'

Although I'm not just out for a walk, in fact, I would rather be sleeping right now. But it seems like God had other plans of me because when I finally got the energy to get up this morning I of course went to the kitchen first to get a tasty bowl of cereal. But just as I was about to grab the milk there wasn't any... 

I think some kind of milk stealing bandits broke in or something because I was sure that I had a full jug last night. Or that could have been a dream...

As I finally arrived in front of the store I pushed open the wooden door and entered.

A bell dinged as the door opened signaling that I had come inside. The lady at the cash register turned to look at me a smiled once she saw my figure. 

"Good evening Y/n. It's nice to see you again. Do you need more cereal like last time?" She asked me politely. I thought about it for a second. 

'I wouldn't hurt to get another one right-?'

I then nodded in response which the cash register lady seemed to frown at before saying to me, "Y'know, I've never seen you buy anything else except cereal and milk. That can't be very healthy for you." She claimed as I started to walk off farther into the store. 

She sighed as I just kept walking off, not listening to a word she said. 

Once I finally arrived in front of the section a grabbed a family size box before quickly heading back over to the register. 

What? 

I want to go home as quick as possible.

As I was heading back to the register I stopped by the milk section to grab a jug. But to my dismay, there was none. No milk. Not even almond milk. 

I deadpanned at the freezer in front of me with a small frown plastered across my face.

'How can there be no milk? It's milk!'

I sighed before turning and heading back to the cash register. Once I got up there I set the cereal on the counter and started to speak while she scanned it, "Why is there no milk?" I asked, sounding slightly irritated. The lady didn't look up as she scanned the box and just said, "Were all out. The boat that is shipping it is on the dock but apparently there was some kind of storm on the way here, so for there troubles they want more then our usual pay which we can't afford." I didn't care about the whole backstory of it, I just wanted to know when it would get here. "So when will you get milk again?" I asked the lady, who was now bagging my cereal box. "About a month maybe." She responded blandly. 

Despite her bland reaction I froze.

'A month?!'

She handed me the bag which I took quickly before giving her a couple of bucks and quickly walking out of the store.

'I can't go without milk for a month! What else do I eat my cereal with?!'

I grumbled angry nonsense which got me a couple of looks as I stomped down the sidewalk. 

I stopped as an idea suddenly popped into my head and made me grin.

'I'm just going to go steal some milk off that boat...'

-Timeskip-

I don't know what the frick just happened, but somehow, now I'm stuck with a green bean looking boy and his band of jolly do-gooders. 

Sorry- let's backtrack a bit...

I had finally sneaked onto the boat the was keeping all the precious milk away from me. The strange thing is, the people on this boat don't look like food delivery people. In fact, they more so looked like so kind of rip off pirates. 

Right now I was crouched down of the deck look around a bit.

'Let's see here... The milk should probably be below deck so-.'

I was suddenly ripped out of my thoughts a voice started yelling in front of me, "Hi!" The person yelled which caused me to jump in surprise. I then quickly looked up too see a boy that looked about my age. 

He had green and black hair and warm amber colored eyes.

He was grinning as he looked down at me. 

"I'm Gon!" He said, the smile never leaving his face. "Uh-." I mumbled before letting out a sigh and letting myself fall from a crouching position to a sitting one. I then leaned against the wall of the ship and closed my eyes. 

"Why are you sitting on the ground?" I couldn't see Gon, but by the tone of his voice I could tell he was very confused. "My legs hurt." I said to the boy as I turned my head towards his a slightly opened my eyes. Slight worry then plastered across his face and he crouched down next to me before saying, "Did you scratch them somehow or did something else happen?" Gon asked me, his tone of worry matched his face. "Hm?" I blinked a couple times as Gon and I stared at each other for a second. "Yes. I'm dying." I said bluntly and suddenly. 

I was being sarcastic of course, but Gon didn't seem to get that.

"You are?!" He exclaimed worriedly, "We need to get you to a doctor then!" The green haired boy said as he then shot up from his crouching position. He the tried to help me up but I quickly stopped him.

"Wait Gon- I'm not actually dying it was a joke." I said, which caused the boy to stop right then. "Oh." He said and with that his smile came back to his face. 

Without warning, he then plopped down right next to me on the ground. 

"So what's your name?" He asked me.

...

'How did everything change so quickly-? First he thought I was dying and now he want to know my name? Mood swing or something.'

"Y/n." I responded bluntly which somehow made Gon's smile get even wider, which I didn't know was humanly possible.

"Why do you wanna take the Hunter Exam?" Gon said, asking me another question. 

'The Hunter Exam? You mean that thing that you do to get a weird piece of indestructible plastic-?'

I didn't respond, because I was lost in thought. But that made Gon change the topic. I guess he thought I was uncomfortable on answering the question.

"I never thought the wind out on the sea would be this breezy." Gon said, which made him unknowingly catch me by surprise. "Out... on the sea?" I said, sounding slightly confused. "Yea! We already set sail!" Gon exclaimed excitedly. 

When Gon said that and normal human being probably would have shot up from where they were standing and looked out at the sea and then try t get the captain to go back to the island and drop them back off. But me... I just blinked, and blinked, and blinked, until his words sank in.

"So your telling me, we set sail, went off the island, and were out in the middle of the ocean, where no one can bother us?" I asked the green haired boy who just nodded in response.

'This is the perfect place for napping!'