44 - savour me

Song: Brent Faiyaz - Poison (Slowed + Reverb)

Mia

I don't know how long we stand in the bathroom for, in each others arms, but I don't necessarily care, because I'm with him, and after everything he's told me, it's like this big revelation has taken place and I finally understand everything.

The whole house is quiet, and I'm pretty sure that the guy from before is gone because there are no noises or footsteps anywhere.

Rocco still has his head buried in my neck, and his breathing is calm against mine as we stand against the wall, enjoying each others' presence and the peaceful silence around us. 

"My legs are hurting." I whisper in his ear, starting to pull away slightly, but his grip around my back is tight and he only grunts in response before picking me up, my legs automatically going around his waist.

"Rocky! At least tell me before doing that." I laugh, smacking his chest lightly as he walks out of the bathroom, through the bedroom and into the hallway.

He doesn't respond, but just continues to walk in the direction of his bedroom.

"Why are we going to your room?" I ask, because there was a perfectly comfortable bed in my old one, which would save us a lot of time.

"Our room." He gives me a pointed look and I roll my eyes in response before snuggling up to him closer.

"Rocky?" I ask tentatively, leaning back so I can catch his gaze.

He hums and places a kiss on my cheek, his eyes meeting mine as we enter his room.

"Would you visit my grave if I died?" The thought just popped up in my head, and I'm intrigued for an answer, but his glare is anything but jokey as he stops in front of the bed, holding me closer to him.

"Don't say that." He sounds hurt by my words, his eyebrows furrowing and his lips turning up into a small pout.

Cutie.

"It was just a thought." I confess, slightly taken aback by how affected he is by my words.

He lowers me onto the bed and hovers above me, keeping himself up with his forearms on the mattress.

"Well, I'm going yo fuck those thoughts out of your head, because if you die, I die." He sounds so sincere when he says that, and a pang of fear spikes up inside of me.

"Rocco, you have to promise me something." I have to be sure.

"No. I don't want to hear it, Mia." He grabs a hold of my hips and settles himself on top of me, enough so I can still breathe, but still so close.

"Please." 

I feel his breathy exhale on my shoulder, and he lifts his head up, eyes hooded and vulnerable as he nods.

"If something ever happens to me, you don't lay a finger on yourself. I mean it, Rocco, you're not doing anything stupid because I might not be there. Promise me."

The rise and fall of his chest is hard on mine, and his heart is beating rapidly in sync with my own, both nervous with anticipation.