𝖎𝖎𝖎

𝕬𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 led Max, Dani, and Donna to the Sanderson sister house. Creaking up the old porch steps, Dani held Max's hand with her left hand and Donna's hand with her right. Allison unlocked the door and it opened with a loud squeal, dust invading their lungs.

"I cant see a thing." Dani coughed, swinging her lit up candy basket around the dark area. Chills crawled across Donna's skin as she pulled her sweater tighter around her body.

"Well, there's a light switch around here somewhere." Allison replied, searching the wall in the dark. Max vent down to a display rack of dusty lighters. He removed one and flicked it open, flame erupting from the top causing Dani to gasp.

"Found a lighter." Max smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at Donna who shook her head with a small smile. Max shown the flame in the direction of the wall where the light switch was supposed to be, Allison found the switch and flipped it.

"Let there be light." Donna remarked, admiring the old cottage. Brooms, cauldrons, books, and more. Donna was amazed, she had never actually been to the museum because her mother always told her all the history in the cottage was fabricated. Even though it might be, Donna imagined Sarah Sanderson dancing around wildly.

"This is the original cauldron, and upstairs is where they slept." Allison informed them. A glass box holding an old spell-book caught the blue eyes of Donna.

"That spell-book belonged to Winifred Sanderson. It was said to have been given to her by the devil himself. It's bound in human skin." Donna stated from above the glass box. She felt Max's presence at her shoulder.

"I get the picture." Dani scoffed, Max chuckled in Donna's ear. His warm breath tickling her ear and sending a minuscule shiver down her back.

"What's that?" Max pointed to a candle. The candle.

"It's the Black Flame Candle." Allison whispered mysteriously from across Max and Donna. Max shot the blonde girl next to him a smirk before walking over to the candle, poor Dani looked terrified. Allison scoffed softly and nudged Dani, hinting to the little girl to lighten up.

"The Black Flame Candle. Made from the fat of a hanged man..." Max read the plaque underneath the candle. "Legend says that, on a full moon, it will raise the spirits of the dead when lit by a virgin on Halloween night." Max finished, wiggling his eyebrows at the girls in front of him. He shrunk back behind the wooden beam he had been leaning on and reappeared on the other side grinning. "So let's light the sucker and meet the old broads." He suggested, flicking the lighter he found earlier in front of him.

"Max, no." Dani pleaded, shaking her head. Even now Allison seemed to have lost the confidence from moments before. Max's eyes slid over to the girl in the red sweater, as many thought coursed through her mind. Was this real? Would it even work? If it did, would the Sanderson's recognize her as one of their own? Would they be disappointed in her for not wanting their return? Or would they-

"Donna, care to do the honors?" Max interrupted her thoughts, Donna raised an eyebrow in mischief.

"Fuck it." Donna shrugged, smirking as she sauntered forward. Max held the lighter out to her but suddenly a cat came sprinting, screeching loudly as he attacked Max. The black cat knocked Max to the ground and ran off.

"Stupid cat!" Max shouted after it, Donna helped him up off the ground as he dusted his jeans off.

"Okay, Max. You've had your fun. It's time to go. Come on, Allison." Dani said, hugging Allison's torso.