Chapter 6: Nocturnal Nightmares

Harry's Pov:

Harry had just awoken from yet another dream or nightmare. He remembered the screams and cries of those around him. Watching them die, slowly and painfully. He couldn't reach out. He couldn't save them. He watched as they all died, Lupin and Tonks and Fred. His family, his friends. Harry couldn't take it anymore. So he got up out of bed and placed his sleepers on. Threw over a jumper and placed the hoodie up. Then he walked out of the boy's dormitory not knowing he was forgetting an important thing.

He wondered through the castle. Just wondering. Thinking the castle walls will help him, like they have so many times before. But unlike so many times before those walls failed him. All he got from those walls were the screams and cries of those loved ones that haunted his dreams every night. Harry's breath caught in his throat. He couldn't breath. So he covered his ears with his hands and ran. He ran as fast as he could, until he got to the front doors of the castle and he threw himself on the doors to make them open. Then he ran as fast and as far away as he could. He knew he couldn't always run from the past and he knew it would catch up to him but at that point he didn't care, he just ran.

Harry let his feet take him where ever they felt. This turn, that turn, Harry couldn't remember where he was just his feet carried him to the lake. Harry tired catching his breath. He sat down upon the lakes ground and watched as it made small ripples on the surface. He sat and thought of old times. The way things were before the war. He guessed they to weren't as bad but not as good either. He and his friends were always in trouble, but at least they all weren't dead. Everyone that has ever come near Harry, have died. His own parents died because of him even little Dobby. Just a brave elf that saved Harry and his friends but got himself killed in the action. Dumbledore was yet another victim, another lost case, another family member lost to deaths hands. Even the hero he didn't know about, the man that stood for him when he believed he betrayed him. Severus Snape. A man to his word, died fighting for what was right even though no one knew. So many deaths Harry kept thinking about. So many reasons to cry. But he didn't, well he wouldn't while others were around. No he had to be the strong one. The one that doesn't feel the pain, the one able to comfort others when they need it but in reality he need it the most. Harry was meant to be the hero but all he felt like was a loser, a person that gets everyone killed. Harry let a tear slide then another then another then they all poured out. Harry kept crying until he made himself fall asleep.

**************

Another Chapter! Let me know your thoughts. I love everyones ideas.

Love Selenaxx