Chapter Four

"Hello?"
He picked up. Oh my god. What do I do? What do I say?
Stop acting stupid, I tell myself. I exhaled and inhaled awkwardly.
Me and Ryan have been friends for as long as I can remember.
His parents were friends with mine until they got into a tragic car accident, and passed away when he was only two years old.
Since then, his grandparents raised him. They live close to us until his grandparents also passed away when he was sixteen years old. He got emancipated it got his own place.
I'm so proud of how far he's come along over everything he's gone through.
Thing is, I've always had a crush on him. When I'm around him, I honestly can't think straight.
"Angelica?"
Instant butterflies when he says my name.
It made me remember what I was doing. Shit.
"Oh!" I exclaimed. "I need er - or what company right now. Today's the day." I stuttered.
I bit my lip until I taste blood. I'm nervous as hell.
"Okay, sure! Where are you, again?" He asked.
"The church bathroom, well the new church that we started going to." I hesitated and sighed.
"Do you know what I'm talking about?" He chuckled in response.
That made me feel things I've never felt before. I slid against the bathroom stall door and crossed my legs. My brain decided to distract me and made me imagine things.
I moaned softly not realizing I was still on the phone.
"Did you say something?"
"Shit! No. Sorry I said nothing I just sighed."
I felt my face turn red.
"I'll see you in a bit!" I squealed out loud.
I instantly hung up out of fear that he heard me moan. I've never done anything with anyone sexually. I am a virgin.But in reality, I'm saving myself for Ryan. At least that's what I tell myself.
I got up from the floor and refreshed myself
"You doing alright?" My mom asked when I came back out and sat down next to her.
"I'm fine." I whispered.
"If you need something to snack on, I brought some stuff." My mom bent down and showed me her purse.
Luckily, she had little Debbie snack cakes and fruit snacks. I nodded in acknowledgment.
I then looked down at my hands.
They were shaking pretty bad. Fuck. I can't tell when I'm nervous for; seeing Ryan or this baptism.
Before I could space out my even more, my phone buzzed in my purse, making me come back to reality.
We haven't started anything yet as everyone was either sitting or talking. I checked my phone. The name Ryan with some heart emojis popped up on my screen.
The text read "I'm here." I started to get jittery and anxious.
"Are you okay over there?" I heard my mom whisper as she nudged my elbow.
I guess she had nothing else better to do, as my dad was talking to an elderly man I've never met before.
Me and my dad really aren't close. Never have been. Probably doesn't help with him working a lot, either.
"Ryan's here." I said in an exasperated sigh. Luckily, my mom understood what I said.
"Here, have him sit next to us. Extra support." She rubbed my shoulders.
I quickly excused myself to notice him standing in the sidelines, waiting for me.
"Hey there!" he said when I came up to him. He threw me into a huge hug. God, he smells nice.
The sad part came; letting him go. I hate having to let him go. I want nothing more than to be close to him in anyway shape or form. Though, I did take the chance to admire him while I could for a few.
He has snakebites, a half sleeve in remembrance of his family and a septum ring in his nose. I can't be around him for too long or I'll go crazy.
I just love him so much.
Hell, nobody knows.
Not even my best friend, Ashley. I may or may not tell her. Who knows.
Thankfully, my parents love him as well. Always have since he was a little. They watched him grow up.
Even sometimes helped raise him when his grandmother needed a break.
"So, what's up?" He asked. Getting me out of the trance I was in.
"What? Oh yeah.." I stumbled upon my words. He chuckled at me.
"I'm getting baptized today." I made a hand gesture to show how excited I was. Another chuckle came out of him.
"What made you decide this?" His brows furrowed, making him more attractive than he already is.
I started to get itchy, and hot.
"In a way, it's a form of a new milestone. Well, in my life at least." I shrugged.
"Interesting." He looked like he was in thought, but God only knows what he could be thinking.
"Come here." I motioned with my index finger. He gave me a smirk.
"There's this room that the church people showed us. Barely anyone goes in there. We should go in there."
"Lead the way." He gestured.
I then realized what I was doing; taking charge, which is something I rarely ever do.
I started to walk towards the room, overhearing the chatter of the people and of course Ryan's footsteps behind me.
I checked the time on my phone for a second. Good, ten minutes left to spare.
I let him in first, shutting the door behind me. My heart was pounding, palms were sweaty. I have no idea what I was doing yet I was doing it anyway.
Looking around the room, I realized how bland this room actually was.
Just a simple metal chair and a lamp in the corner. I wonder what they use this room for. It's not an old church, though.
"We should actually have light in here, don't ya think?" He replied his smart ass remark.
My dumb ass is so nervous., I forgot to turn on the light.
As soon as he flicked the light on, he looked at me with this look in his eyes that I could only explain as hunger. Oh God.
I always thought he liked me back, but I could never tell. I'm horrible at figuring out that kind of thing.
In the next few moments, I instantly knew something was up.