Page (6)

I slept with dreams of him in my mind and woke up  in a love- crazed haze.  My skin felt bare without his touch. My body craved him, like a thirsty man who craves water. He was my air. Something I can't live without.

I grab my phone and call him. " Good morning" I hum. " Morning?, No honey, Good afternoon", he teases. ''Someone must have slept well'' he finished.  " Mm-hmm" was all I managed to say, his voice ringing in my ears, like a beautiful harp singing a sweet melody. " Do you want to meet for lunch?" He offers " yeah, and can we pick up my car?" ''Of course we can, I'll be there in 15 minutes" He says sternly, yet sweetly. "yes sir", and with that he hangs up. I get up and brush my teeth and comb my hair to look '' decent''. Now it is time for the hard part. CLOTHES!  I decided to take the easy route, leggings and a graphic tee. While i was grabbing my phone and slipping on my sandals, I heard a knock on the front door. I tread  down the stairs and open the door. Without notice, he embraces me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. He gives me a single rose in between our affectionate moment.  " Thank you" I giggle out. " Anything for my girl" " Your girl?" I say, stunned. "Jesse, will you be my girlfriend?" " Yes, I will Alex Scott."

After he asked me to be his, we went to the diner where we first talked. I knew in my mind, that it was too soon, but I had fallen in love with him. I loved him with every ounce of my being.

While we were eating we talked about his dad. I hadn't asked him about it since our first date. He told me that his dad died when he was 17, he's 19 now. He says he's used to him being gone, but I know that not true. As he said these devastating words, I cling to his arm and caressed the top of hand with my thumb. After that I asked no more questions about his dad. I knew that this topic upset him deeply. To lighten the mood I asked him about college.
that's when he asked if we could talk. He ended up telling me that he goes to college in September. He's going to the University of Columbia. I told him I was proud of him and he's going to do so many great things.  That night I asked him he wanted to stay over at my house. I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts and I don't think he wanted to be either.
On our drive home we were quiet. It wasn't a bad silence but it wasn't a good silence either. I would call it a melancholic silence. Somber and sad, yet peace and present.  I want sure how I felt or how he felt. I don't think I really wanted to know. All I knew was, I wanted him to be happy and be able to live to his full potential. Which is cheesy, but I think we all want that for someone we love.
When we got to my house, we went straight to my bed room. Soon I left him in my bed to get myself together for bed. Once I made it back to the bed, I curled up with him and listened to his perfect heart. It was my favorite thing to do. Breaking the silence, I told him " I love you.". I didn't say it excitedly or expressively, but in a raw and vulnerable way. Tears clouded my eyes as he said " I love you, more than you'll ever know.". Even with his words confirming his love for me, I knew this was the end for us.