Chapter Fourty Five

Kishi's POV

“about what I said the other day…” he starts off keeping quiet for a minute probably trying to prepare himself for what he was about to say…this is it guys…he’s probably going to say that it was some kind of mistake and that he didn’t mean what he had said the other day…

“it was a mistake right?”I say getting straight to the point by completing his sentence…I decide to not to let him get to me and let out a long sigh…better say it now to avoid complication…

“what?...no of course not, I would never joke with something like that…how could you even think I would do that?...is that what you really think of me?” he says staring at me with hurt written all over his face.

“what do you expect me to think?...you haven’t given me any reason whatsoever to think differently…I mean tell me once that you acted like you actually loved me or cared so deeply about me” I say defending myself for thinking like that…he can’t  seriously blame me for thinking that way

“fine I admit that I have not been the best guy to you but believe me when I say I truly do love you and I would never joke with something like that…” he says with a heavy sigh as I feel a thousand butterflies begin to flutter in my stomach…uhhh darn you Natahn and your stupid words that can make any girls heart waver and sadly including mine…but still could I call this feeling love?

As I listen to him confess once again his feeling for me…I feel something swarm through me…souring through my whole body…but unfortunately I can’t put a particular name on this feeling…it felt strong and unfamiliar, very unfamiliar…

“…but I will wait for you…I know that you probably don’t feel the same way I do but I am willing to wait…I just want you to know that I will not be given up on you anytime soon…but I am willing to wait as long as it takes and prove my love to you. And let me use this opportunity to apologize about not telling you before leaving the country…I was not thinking straight and just needed some time alone to gather my thoughts together before facing you.

“and clearly I can see you’re not ready yet cause you decided to sneak into the house at midnight instead of facing me…I totally understand what you’re saying…I will think about your confession and everything and give you my reply once I’ve settled my thoughts, but you still don’t have to sneak n and out of the house like a creep, I mean it’s your house isn’t it so you shouldn’t be the one sneaking in and out” I tell him sincerely and we both say quiet before he speaks again.

“yeah,  guess I just still need time to accept your rejection, I will be staying in the office for now soo yeah” he says finally before he decide to get going.

“I think I should get going now, thanks for listening to me…take care of yourself” he says getting up and walking towards the door….i wave him a goodbye as he heads out the door not looking back. Although I admit it’s kind of sad that he isn’t staying over and is probably going to drown himself I work but its also relieving that i don’t have to deal with the awkwardness of the situation for sometime….

I don’t waste time in going back to my room and getting a well needed sleep…but of course the thought of Nathan and the look he gave me right before he left the house keeps appearing in my head like some kind of recording tape…it won’t freaking allow me to sleep…uhh!!

********

I wake up with a groan mainly because of the pounding headache that I’m currently facing…I cant believe I didn’t sleep all night and just had the chance to catch a morning nap that didn’t last up to an hour before I’m awaken by Nathan appearing in my dreams with that same expression I can’t seem to get off my mind. I feel like a zombie as I walk to the kitchen…I can’t wallow on an empty stomach right?

I chug a spoonful of cereal into my mouth my mind can’t help but wander back to Nathan and our discussion yesterday. His he actually willing to wait for me?...i wonder how long he’s actually going to wait cause I think I’d need all the time I can get since I can’t seem to even know what I’m feeling right now…my emotions are a mess.

**2 hours later**
I decide to try the power of kdramas to get my mind of Nathan and so far it’s not working…I keep picturing every romantic scene with me and Nathan instead of my darling k-actors…right now I’m sure I look a sloppy mess and anyone who saw me would think I got run over by a truck…which I clearly did if you count train of love as a real thing.

I think about going to my room and going back to sleep…but before I can ponder deep on that thought my door bell rings, I immediately shoot my focus to the door and saunter over to it. Taking a deep breath I open the door to find my two best friends standing in front of the doorstep holding a bucket of icecream and a packet of oreos…we have this weird habit of crushing oreos into our ice cream. I let a chocked laugh as my eyes immediately begin to tear up…I missed them so much!!

I was so cut up in the whole Nathans drama that I totally forgot about them…I feel so bad seeing them knowing that I have been so focused on my fucked up life to think of my friends.

“heard you needed you spirits lifted” khabby says throwing me a sad grin and I immediately busts Into tears, the event of everything overwhelming me…as I am immediately wrapped in the warm arms of my friends in a soothing hug before dragging me into my house and sitting me down.

“heard some things from Ayomi, I’m so sorry you’re facing a tough time, we are here with you okay?” Kemi tells me as I just nod and enjoy the comforting embrace of my friends…

“heard Nathan is doing worse, drowning himself in years worth of work and not eating or sleeping and also refusing to talk to Ayo about the whole thing” Kemi informs me and that makes me feel even worse…it makes me feel like I’m just being dramatic and I should just agree to love him back and end the whole shit…

“but we need to know the full gist…so spill” they say staring at me expectantly…and so I spill.

Heyyy guyss

Thanks for reading.

Lotta love, bye❤️