T W E L V E

"Will?"

"I like you Mike, a lot" I said, loud and clear.

He didn't even hesitate, he grabbed my face and kissed me tightly.
And in the middle of it all, he separated his face a few inches and whispered.

"I like you too"

....

Mike kissed me like anyone had kissed me before, and I was enjoying every second of it.
His hands were placed on my jaw and he pushed my face into his, I hugged his shoulders gently.

After a few seconds we separated, we both smiled as widely as our mouths permitted us.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment" he said.

"Actually I do..." I answered, it was true, I wanted to kiss him since the first day I saw his raven hair bathed in the moonlight.

"I just...I just thought that all chances of it happening were gone when you told me Wolf was your boyfriend"

My smile faded for a brief second, I remembered once again how I broke his heart.

"I didn't like him, never did...and it's all your damn fault" I chuckled, trying to relieve the tension.

"I am just irresistible, aren't I" he smirked as he grabbed my chin and pulled it closer to his.

"Oh you really are" I smiled as I laid a soft and momentary kiss on his lips.

His face turned red, and he backed off, trying to hide the fact that he was flustered.
I laughed, and I noticed how the soft rain started to get rougher, and the waves got massive, they impacted on the beach with a loud noise.
I felt Mike's eyes on me, and he followed my eyes to the waves, he got closer slowly and he surrounded my shoulders with his long arm.

"They are beautiful, aren't they?" I said, staring nostalgically at them.

"They sort of scare me" he answered.

"It's incredible that something so ethereal is at the same time so strong"

"Where did that come from? Didn't know you were a poet," he teased, I shrugged.

"I know you're a freak too" I repeated as I laid my head on him.

Then, interrupting our moment, a loud thunder made the clouds begin their storm abruptly.

"Holy shit!" Jumped Mike.

"Are you scared of thunders?" I laughed while I got wet by the rain.

"No I'm not! You are!" He answered nervously.

"Oh yeah! I'm trembling! You better take me to your place and warm me up!" I said while I blinked one eye.

"You can be sure that I'll warm you up! Let's go!"

I felt how my face turned bright red, but I didn't have time to react, because Mike grabbed my hand and started running.
He dragged me till I managed to reach him.

He looked at me playfully as he laughed, and I smiled back, as I looked into his eyes, everything started to seem slower, just like in movies, I felt frozen in time.

Mike's dark hair was waving in the wind, his clothes were soaked, just like mine, but that didn't seem to bother him, he was like a dog running in the beach, and with him...nothing bothered me either.

I laughed loudly as I ran faster, I was free, free as the wind, and it was the best sensation I've ever felt.
I spread my arms like I could fly, and Mike copied me.