Chap 14: Y/N x Goes x Nuts

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

(This is definitely the worst chapter I've written 4 this book lol)

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

As expected, Menchi blasted back up due to the draft, an egg in hand, and landed next to the old man.

"There! Now I just need to boil it and I'll be set!"
She flashed the egg at the crowd, watching as those who had been ridiculing her earlier dropped their jaws in shock.
A small smirk graced her face.

Leorio excitedly jabbered about the concept, talking big about how easy it would be for him while Kurapika 'listened' next to him.

Gon interrupted him by quickly running ahead, notifying his friends of his intentions, he was gonna jump, right away..
They, quite loyally if Y/N could add, followed blindly.
And she, who had not planned to jump with them, was led to follow as she was shoved over the cliff with the rest by Kurapika.

"Wait!"
Y/N unexpectedly yelled far too late as she now sank with the other four, who'd flung themselves down the deep ravine.

An unusual panic set over her,
she had not had time to calculate her plan..
So, she looked desperately around for a web to grab.
After spotting one, she'd began swimming through the air, away from the group, gripping a sticky web with a sack of eggs not far below it. She watched as the rest of the crew all landed on the same web..
They were testing fate.

She'd expected this from everyone else, but Kurapika? It was a surprise..
Still, Y/N can understand, he's still a kid.
She thinks..
Maybe Kurapika is like the opposite of Leorio?

Could Kurapika 30?

She'd ask later if the boy didn't 'unexpectedly' fall into the abyss.

She waited for a sign of the blast, her hands beginning to grow sweaty.
Soon as she felt just a small breeze, she dropped, grabbing an egg and accidentally sending some falling into the abyss to meet a cruel fate at its bottom.

She curled around it, feeling the air embrace her from all sides and carry her though the air to the top, where the hot sun hit her again.
She landed gracefully, at least to her own perception, and then sat down at the edge of the cliff, contemplating her fall.

She was terrified, like really truly scared..
She hadn't felt like that in a while.. she didn't even know why she'd felt like that in the first place.
She was always smart enough to think of a solution, so why then did she freeze up?

But truly, feeling fear again was exhilarating.

Perhaps she'd endanger herself more often.. maybe a fight with Hisoka would do her well?
No. He's far too annoying. He'd probably fall to his knees in front of F/N with just one defeat, he seemed the type..
She'll just have to find someone strong elsewhere.

Though she didn't need to think about such a thing any longer as she was guided to a huge pot that was boiling water, multiple contestants placing their eggs in it while some fished their eggs out to eat them.

Y/N threw hers in, waiting a few minutes then tugging it back out with the tools provided.
She quickly brought the egg to Leorio, who seemed to be enjoying his own, and dropped it in his lap.

"I hate egg."
She simply commented, walking away to sit on her own, as her little loner mind had wanted.

"Eh? Why me?"
The boy whispered to himself, turning to Kurapika next to him, who shrugged with a slant to his mouth.

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡