Spell Damage and Tight Jeans

'Oi, I don't mind you on the bed, but you can't sleep there,' George told Spud the cat as he picked up her up from her position right between our pillows and deposited her at the foot of the bed the following morning.

I woke up with a mouthful of her tail and fur on my tongue. I spat and wiped my mouth the whole while I got up and dressed in my Healer uniform.

My mind was still reeling from the events of the night before, but I didn't want to dwell on them at the moment. I had to focus on school and get my feet back under me. Being a trainee was much different from being a student.

I was relieved that my uniform still fit with plenty of room to spare. Hopefully it would still be another couple of months before I needed a bigger size. The starchy material hid my stomach better than my regular clothing, for which I was extremely grateful.

'What's that name on the front there?' George asked after I had dressed. I looked down at my shirt where my name was stitched into the front pocket.

'Mine?' I looked up at him curiously.

'Excuse me, but I think you'll find that says Edith Falconer who no longer exists.'

I raised my eyebrows at him as he pointed his wand at the stitching and the word Falconer changed to Weasley.

'That's better,' he grinned. I rolled my eyes. 'I need everyone to know you're mine now.'

'Are you finished?' I asked.

'Yes, I am,' he nodded.

'Well, this is it, George, the honeymoon's over,' I told him solemnly. 'It's back to business as usual, I'm afraid.'

'Well, I can't deny I've enjoyed these past few weeks,' he replied with a heavy sigh.

'I've certainly enjoyed them,' I grinned up at him. He smiled and kissed me softly.

'You'll be back here, at the end of the day?' He asked earnestly. I threw my head back and laughed.

'Where else am I meant to go?' I put my hands on my hips. 'I live here now, of course I'm coming back.'

'Good, I'll see you tonight,' he kissed me one last time before we both Disapparated to our separate destinations.

It was odd being back at the hospital but as a trainee instead of a student. I had to stop myself from carrying on up the steps to the fifth-floor and exit the staircase on the fourth-floor where my letter had instructed me to.

I walked down a short corridor and came to a set of double doors that read Framboise Paré Ward. In smaller letters underneath, it read:

Healer-in-charge: Jonathan Baird
Trainee Healer: Edith Weasley

It was so strange seeing my new name. I took a deep breath, pushed the doors open and walked through.

I had never been to this particular ward before, but it was laid out very similarly to the other ones I had been on. I had walked into another brightly lit corridor with doors lining either side that led to patient rooms. At the end of the corridor was a large, circular desk that I knew was the nurses' station. The corridor continued on either side of the desk that led to more patient rooms as well as connected the ward to the others on the floor.

I looked down at my watch, it was shortly before eight o'clock. The nurses were busy carrying out their duties in the corridors and patient rooms. A few nodded at me as I passed, I nodded back, feeling a bit sick to my stomach from both nerves and some lingering morning sickness.

When I arrived at the nurses' station, there were two Healers already there. One, I recognized, the other I didn't.

'Ah, Healer Weasley,' Healer Bidelspach was the first to speak. It was extremely strange hearing her call me Healer Weasley, she had only ever called me Ms Falconer before. I hadn't realized I would be referred to as a Healer today. 'This is Healer Baird, he will be your mentor for the next six months should you desire to continue with the programme.'