15. La Vie En Rose

Deafening cheers erupted from the audience like a volcano. Cries of triumph echoed from every corner of the establishment. You about fainted, but luckily Kelly reached out an arm in time to stabilize your shoulder.

Tears of joy streamed down your face, and you didnt try and stop them like last time. You were full on crying as the Sports Network cameras panned towards you in the stand.

Your senses were all blurred together, feeling as if you were on some horrible kind of drug. Charles had stopped near the middle of the straightaway, and the rest of the cars compiled in to finish off the race.

Everything was done. Over. Charles had won it all. You watched through clouded vision Charles emerging from his car and standing atop it, fists pumping in the air.

The Ferrari pit crew swarmed onto the track to meet with him. However, the first thing Charles did was turn towards you.

He was running. You could tell he was exausted from his body language alone, but he pushed through.

As soon as he reached you, he grabbed you by the waist and lifted you over the barrier. The world's eyes were watching you two in this moment. But you didnt care. You were just so proud of him; indescribably.

He set you down on the track, and you were the first to hug him tightly, the feeling of his warm racing suit under your fingertips.

He curled his arms around you, sandwiching you in radiation. Your blue eyes were a faucet.

He still had his helmet on, but you kissed the outside of it anyways. Hundreds of clicks and snaps went on around you, and announcements almost contunuously blared.

You caught a quick glimpse of Charles's beautiful icy eyes.

"Oh Charles-" your voice wobbled with uncertainty. "I knew you could do it!" you exclaimed, your voice filled with pride and love.

I couldn't have done it without you," he said, his voice filled with emotion. "You've been my biggest supporter, my rock."

Julia smiled up at him, her heart overflowing with love. "I'm so proud of you," she said, her voice filled with emotion.

As they stood there, surrounded by the noise and chaos of the racetrack, Charles took a deep breath and reached into his pocket, his fingers closing around the small velvet box. He turned to Julia, his heart pounding with nervous excitement.

All of a sudden, everything stopped. The world was put on pause.

The crowd went silent, like the drone of a fly after being swatted. Your eyes seemed to cloud over. You couldnt tell if it were from your misty tears or you about to faint.

"Julia," Charles squeaked out, his voice trembling.

"I love you more than anything in this world. Will you marry me?"

Julia's eyes widened as Charles opened the box, revealing a stunning Tiffany & Co. pavé ring. She gasped as the light caught the diamonds, making them sparkle and shine like stars. For a moment, she couldn't speak, her heart too full of emotion.

And then the tears came, streaming down her face in a torrent. She threw her arms around Charles, burying her face in the shoulder of his racing suit as she cried tears of joy. "Yes," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "Yes, I'll marry you."

Charles held her close, his own eyes misty with tears of happiness. He slipped the ring onto her finger, and she held it up, admiring the way it sparkled in the light. "It's perfect," she said, her voice soft.

They stood there for a long moment, wrapped up in each other's arms, their hearts overflowing with love and happiness. And as they kissed, with the crowd cheering around them, Julia knew that she was the luckiest woman in the world.

Then, a man approached from behind.

You looked up, your eyes wet with tears. Your smile dropped immediately as you saw who it was. Well saw was a bit of an overstatement.

You couldnt see his face. He was wearing a covid mask, thick sunglasses, and an amassing hood accompanied by a thick cloak. It was a strange contrast to the liquid gold sun rays.

"Julia," he grumbled in a voice that clearly was not his own. You looked at him; all of a sudden a chill crept down your spine. Something was not right.

"Julia. Your father is dead. I've killed him." His voice cracked, slightly. But for the fraction of a second you could make out, you recognized who this man was. A loud, scratchy voice which brought your senses to a lull. This could only be one person.

Laurent.