Son of a Bitch Pt.2

Joyce's POV:

Lonnie hopped into the black Suv that pulled in front of the house, making his escape. I pulled out my gun and started firing at the car, and so did Hopper, but it seemed to be bullet proof.

"What the hell, who are those guys?" I said. None of this was making any sense, not that Lonnie being here in the first place did.

"Shit, shit!" I heard it coming from Hopper. He put his hands on his head, no doubt frustrated from him disappearing. Thank god Lonnie doesn't know where Will and Jonathan are. It's not like he would even know who the Wheelers are or where they lived if he heard the name.

If it's possible they should stay somewhere else until Lonnie's caught. But I'm not out of the woods yet. Finally I took in what just happened. I don't think I've ever been more terrified, what would've happened if Hopper didn't show up. Thank god he did.

Looking over at him, I couldn't help but study him. Everything he's done for my family, me, the kids, and he never had to get involved with us in the first place. He's the one who even when everyone thought I was crazy checked Will's body and found out it wasn't Will who they thought died, but a stuffed dummy.

He turned to me, and looking in his eyes, we knew we needed each other at that moment. Running into each other's arms, that's where we felt safe. I felt a kiss on the top of my head, so I deepened the hug. One hand on my back and the other stroking my hair.

Pulling away a tad from the hug, I looked up at him. "Oh Hop, are you ok?" I said, putting my hand to the side of his face where the cut was.

Hopper's POV:

Her hand was so gentle on the side of my face, I didn't even feel any pain coming from the cut along my lip and cheek.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. It's you we should be worried about" I told her. It's true. I shouldn't have let her in the house by herself at all, then this wouldn't have happened. But I can't blame her for worrying, she wasn't kidding when she said he'd figure a way to get out of Jail.

Further cupping the side of my face, she said back, "I know, I just worry". I couldn't focus on anything she was saying now. All I could focus on was how close she was getting. My eyes kept traveling down to her lips. It was like all my senses were mixed up just from her being in front of me right now, from how beautiful she looks-even after beating someone up, especially after that.

"Thank you. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't come back to the house"

"And leave you? Never" I said, a smile coming back to my face. One she gladly returned.

"Sooo, what do we do now?" she asked me. That was a good question. Yet in her eyes I think she knows what she wants to do, I think she knows how she feels. Joyce puts one hand on my chest, tilting her head the slightest bit, the way that drives me crazy.

"I don't know, you tell me" I said back, leaning down to her, matching her energy.

Looking down into her soft brown eyes, there were so many things I wanted to do at that moment. But making her uncomfortable was the last thing I wanted to do.

Maybe telling her how I feel would be the best way to handle this, because then she knows what she's getting into, just in case so our signals don't get mixed. Although, I really feel like this could be our moment.

The way she was standing, the look in her eye, the warmth on my chest from her hand, she was there in front of me. Looking in her eyes I know now more than ever that she is my other half, the person I want to see every night and every morning. Someone who I would walk to hell and back for if it means she's ok. Now more than ever I know there's no going back for me, because I'm in too deep. Because looking in those eyes, I know, I'm completely, and hopelessly in love with Joyce Byers.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the words that are about to come out of my mouth, ones that will change everything. If tonight has taught me anything it's that time is precious and I don't want to waist another second that I could be spending with her. "Joyce, I- I..." I began saying.

The next thing I knew was that her lips were on mine. It all happened so fast my brain was still trying to process what was even happening. Her hands intertwined behind my neck.

Right when I realized what had happened and that it wasn't a sick joke my brain was pulling on me, I wasted no time holding the sides of her face, and pulling her in, deepening the kiss.

Every thought, feeling, all poured out into this one kiss. Everything I've ever wanted to tell her for so long. This rush of electricity surged throughout my entire body like nothing I've ever felt before in my entire life. Her lips, soft on mine.

For a moment, only a moment, we pulled away from the kiss to look at each other. To see if this was really happening or all in my head. She looked at me with this smile, oh god that smile.

On instinct I smiled back. I probably looked like a love stricken fool to anyone. But I'm her love stricken fool. My eyes traveled back down to her lips. I couldn't get enough of her.

I grabbed the side of her face with one hand, and her lower back with the other, pulling her into another kiss. With my hand on her lower back I pulled her as close as humanly possible, taking in how her body felt next to mine. Somehow this kiss was better than the first. Our bodies and minds moved in sync, and I couldn't get enough.

Without realizing it, I had started walking forward, still deep in the kiss, until Joyce's back gently stopped at the wall. Without doing or saying anything, she automatically jumped into my arms. Catching her, and holding her on the underside of her thighs. Pressing her back against the wall, I trailed kisses along to the corner of her jaw, hitting a sweet spot. They then wandered down to her neck along her collarbone, as I tightened my grip.

Joyce's POV:

Words couldn't describe how this felt. Never before did I think I'd experience this kind of passion. My brain was still trying to process what I did, how I just kissed him with no warning. But It was something I had been wanting to do for a long time, and it was well overdue.

A wave of electricity jolted throughout my body as he tightened his grip on my thighs. Still taking in the feeling of his body on mine, he brought his mouth back up to mine, no hesitation deepening the kiss instantly. I wrapped my arms tightly around the back of his neck, trying to bring myself as close to him as humanly possible.

I held on tighter as he moved us from the wall over to the door of my bedroom, us still deep in the kiss. His back hit the door of my room, and with his grip tightening on me, I eagerly reached for the door handle, giving it a quick tug, causing us both to stumble back into the room. Closing the door on our way in.