III

LILLY

LILLY

I groan. My head felt heavy and I was severely nauseated. My body ached and my neck stung.
My eye felt like they were glued together but I still try to open them. I'm met with a puddle of water in front of me and then I'm met with the smell of a patient's bedpan.

God. Did I pass out in a patient's room last night? Sarah will kill me. I see black shiny boots and I trail my eyes up to the long legs, picking my body up slowly even though it hurt bad. I hiss when my spine cracks slightly and then rub my eyes.

"Sleep well, baby?" I gasp and then everything comes crashing. The guy in the gold mask.
I look up and there he was. But in a red mask this time. Sitting on the chair, slightly slouching. His legs sprawled. His face was the only thing he was hiding. He wore a black tight shirt with black cargo jeans. Black boots. He wore a black ring on his left index finger and a watch.

I'm on the verge of crying when he tries to talk to me like a child "Aw, are you scared? Did I scare you? I'm sorry about that." He mocked me and it made tears roll down my cheek. I wipe my tears with the sleeve of my sweater "W-what do you want?" He stands up and grabs his chair, sliding it on the concrete floor towards me. The screeching sound it made, made my teeth hurt but he did it all on purpose.
He stopped, facing the chair towards me, and then sat down, leaning closer to me. He smelled like cigarettes and something else I couldn't put my finger on. By his right hand, I knew he was a smoker. Could tell by his nails. I hugged myself, making sure I was still wearing my clothes. That I wasn't raped- but no, I was wearing everything. From my bra to my underwear and I wasn't sore down there either. Thank God. My phone was the only thing taken. Even my tag was clipped to the breast pocket of my scrubs.

I press my lips together, afraid to utter a word. He holds my chin and his grip is tight "You're a pretty little thing, Lilly." I move my face from his grip "Look, I have seven thousand dollars in my savings at my apartment and a gold necklace and diamond earrings. You can have them all, you can even have the little bit of money I have in my purse back in the hospital. I won't tell anyone anything, I promise. Please just let me go. Unharmed and untouched." My body was shaking and I knew I could piss on myself any time. He chuckles and suddenly grabs me by my braid, pulling it enough that my breathing hitches and my face cranes up. His grip was strong and unmoving. He says close enough that I could feel the phantom coolness of his mask "Don't be a funny bitch." His voice was low and unnerving. My throat closes and my voice cracks "What do you want?" His head tilts again "What do you assume that I want?" My hand goes to my cross locket as I hold it between my thumb and finger, praying to god that this man would let me go unharmed and won't even think of touching me in that way.

The mask he wore had hollows as eyes. I could see his eyes behind it even in this dim light. Green. Angry.
He chuckles under his breath and with his other hand, he grabs my jaw "How much do you think we'll get for this blue-eyed bitch, Capo?"