12 | Damien

12 | Damien

It's been two hours since school ended, whereas her school is officially one hour finished. I spotted her classmates walking down the hall and went to search for her. She finally arrived wearing the same clothing as me, which indicated she had PE class today. I diverted my gaze before she could notice my sidelong stares at her.

She approached me after about ten minutes of playing badminton. I told my mates to cease playing for a while, and they did. She went right up to me, looking as stunning as ever.

"Hey Damien, can my pals play badminton with you?" She inquired gently. Oh, that heavenly voice of hers.

"Sure," I said. What was I thinking when I assumed she wanted to play with me? Why? Her 'buddy' came over and played with my homies and that really pissed me off. He plays exceptionally well, much to my shock but certainly not better than me.

He required a break after playing nonstop for ten minutes. He was competent, but not superior to me. I took a brief water break, and before I knew it, another of her 'mates' approached me and asked if he could play badminton with me.

When he handed her his watch to hold, my blood began to boil. "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE MY COUSIN DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO HELP YOU HOLD YOUR SHITS!" She screamed furiously. I secretly admired her for standing up for herself. That's my girl, the girl with whom I fell in love.

She stood by my side for so long that it encouraged me to play much better. Her 'cousin' is good, but just not better than me. Her best friend came and dragged her to her cousin's side, yet she couldn't keep her eyes off me. I was getting butterflies, but no one noticed.

 I was getting butterflies, but no one noticed