Pride

Their sins lingered in the air after they closed the door, but the scent became weak enough that Teru could breathe again. The mixture of wrath and lust faded from his body. He felt relief, followed by anxiety from the anticipation for what was to occur next.

He waited, not moving from the couch.

But nothing happened.

It was weirdly quiet in there. Teru assumed there'd be immediate clashing between the vampires. His birthmark tingled. Something was pulling him towards the penthouse, wanting him to go there...which was crazy! It just felt like he was needed. Like he had a purpose to fulfill and it wouldn't go away until he completed his role.

My role? What's my role in all of this? I'm just an omega.

Still, not a sound. You could hear a feather drop on the floor if he had one.

Curiosity got the best of him. Teru sluggishly sat up, wincing from the hard pounds in his head. He went over to the door, knowing it was unlocked. His hand wrapped around the handle. He literally couldn't move it, refusing to turn.

That's right. Blaise had used his pheromones, telling him to stay in the hallway. His hand was shaking from wanting to do two different things – go back to the sofa and/or open the door. A drop of sweat rolled down his temple from his inner turmoil. These stupid pheromones!

Okay, Teru gave himself a pep talk. I've said no to Nolan. I've controlled alphas. Kieran is stronger than Blaise. I can do this. What's another dominant alpha to disobey? Just...turn the damn handle!

His fingers didn't listen.

"UGH!" he fumed, running his hands through his hair. Teru paced in circles back and forth in the lobby before eyeing the door again. Without thinking of anything else, he marched over and yanked it down. His gender wanted to attack itself from going against the authoritative pheromones. All he needed to do was defy it once and the unbearable feeling would be fleeting.

The door cracked open thanks to his persistence. Ignoring the sweat dripping into his eyes, Teru tiptoed in Kieran's home. White spots flashed across his vision from the migraine, but it would gradually go away once he was fully inside – Blaise's pheromones couldn't do anything to him once he was away from the hallway, anyway, so why linger around a non-compliant omega?

Teru's stomach dropped upon seeing the damage. The furniture was shattered into pieces. Every window was broken, glass shards everywhere. Small fires burned the kitchen appliances from the leaking gas. There were large holes in the ceiling and floor, revealing the rooms above and below. From Teru's view where he stood, he could see those floors were destroyed, as well. He was positive he saw mangled bodies of whoever lived there.

He was sad to see the dining room table split down the center where they spent endless hours writing and reading. Did Kieran do all of this?

Oddly enough, Teru's room was untouched. That meant his nesting belongings were safe.

But...he was the only one there. Where were the others?

"FOUND HIM!" Charles yelled from somewhere far away. "HE WAS HIDING IN THE–"

The building rumbled.

BOOM!

The whole left side of the penthouse exploded. Various things from wall chunks to broken art décor flew at Teru in a fiery heat. The blast's blunt force sent him flying across the living room. He groaned from landing hard on his side. His ribs hurt like heck. A warm liquid saturated his hair. That was probably blood. Getting over the momentary shock, Teru realized couldn't move; heavy debris had covered most of his figure.