Chapter 4

Rose's Point Of View--Wednesday

I woke up to the sound of knocking and laughing and slapping. I rubbed my eyes. They were here.

I got up and put in a tight gray shirt and yoga pants. It would show off the little guy that way. He was growing a lot and it was becoming obvious I was pregnant even though I was 3 1/2 months. He grew up fast, I realized. Maybe it was because of Dimitri's past Strigoi-ness and my Shadow Kissed-ness. He might be a little more advanced.

I started walking down the stairs, my tennis shoes making thumps upon the wooden staircase. When I walked into the living room, everyone smiled.

Everyone but Dimitri.

* * *

Dimitri's Point of View

After saying our hellos and talking for a bit, there was a sudden continual thump down the stairway. I know exactly who it was--Rose.

I didn't smile when she walked down. Instead I stared in awe. Even though she was only three months pregnant, she looked like she was four of five months in. I remembered the ultrasound picture showing only one fetus, making it unlikely for there to be two. I was puzzled.

She shifted uncomfortably under my gaze. I faltered a bit, a small smile spreading on my face. "Hello, Rose." I said.

Tasha ran to her, hugging her gently. "How are you dear?" She asked.

Rose nodded. "I could be better." I looked to the ground, knowing that she was this way because of me.

"I know, dear. We will stay for as long as you need us. My classes have been cancelled for the next seven months." My eyes widened. So did Rose's.

"Seriously? I couldnt do that to you!" Rose put her hand on her shoulder. I knew she was happy about it, though.

"The only thing you are doing to me is allowing me to be a part of that child's life." She smiled and placed her hands on Rose's stomach. "And if you are happy... If Dimka is happy... Then I am happy." There was a sadness in her voice. When she turned to look at me, I could see she was on the brink of tears. She kissed Rose's forehead and left to go upstairs with her bags, claiming her need to rest.

* * *

Rose's Point of View--Same Day 2 hours later.

After we had breakfast, Christian took Lissa, Mia and his aunt to go shopping. I had declined his offer and so did Dimitri... So that meant that we were both alone in the dorms. (When I say dorms, I literally mean dorms. Christian and Lissa lived in a mansion and there was a few corridors that were only rooms. Even Lissa and Christian called them the dorms.)

I was sitting on the lounge chair in my room, reading a book. It was about being a mother, since I needed all the help I could get considering I didn't have a very good role model.

I heard a knock on my door. I knew who it was. Well, of course--who was the only other person in this damn place? God...

"Rose?" His voice was soothing.

"Come in, Dimitri." I answered. My heart was almost shaking in anticipation.

He walked in and a blush crept up my cheeks. He was wearing a black button down shirt and dark wash jeans. There were a few buttons undone at the top. He was as gorgeous as ever. "Rose, I think ee need to talk." He came and sat at the foot of the lounge. I shivered

"Alright, Comrade. Let's talk."

He sighed. "Are you sure that this child is mine?"

I nodded. "I haven't been with anyone else. It was too hard."

He looked puzzled. "Too hard?"

Tears formed in my eyes. "Too hard to get over you."

He looked sympathetic and gathered me up in his arms. I rested my head against his bare chest and a sob racked my body. "It hurt me so much when you left, Dimitri. So much..."

"I am so sorry, Roza. I never meant to hurt you... I just didn't want to say goodbye." He stroked my hair, resting his chin on my head.

I looked up at him, my tears still flowing and I smiled. "Then don't."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok hi! First A/N of the book. Well, I want to say sorry for the short chapter and how many frigging POV changes there are >.< And, I hope that you would vote and comment since this is my first VA fanfic. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!